"Wait...are you in cellular and molecular neurobiology?"

"The very one! Do you study brain and cognitive sciences? I would've noticed you by now if you were." She narrows her eyes at me and I shake my head.

"I study biology but I have the same subject." I grin before gesturing for her to follow me.

"Did you pass?"

"Yes. I can help you if you want?" I offer and she stops me with a serious look.

"I will love you forever if you do." She states which makes me laugh.

"Sure!" I reply excitedly before calming myself down. I don't want to scare off my first potential friend. "There's a few other books I referenced so we can grab those too."

"I'm Delilah by the way." She nudges me with her elbow as we grab what we need and make our way back to the desks. "But if you call me that I'll kick you in the shin. Call me Lilah."

That makes me giggle as I check out the books in her name. "Okay Lilah. I'm Faye."

"Pleasure to meet you my love!" She winks before sighing heavily as I hand her everything. "Now, I'll make a start on this but are you up for going to a café or something later so I can get this done?"

"Of course! I finish at nine so you go ahead and if you need any help just shout – well, n-not shout. That was just a-an expression but you know what I mean..." I trail off with a blush as I gesture that we're in a library.

"You're a cutie Faye." She chuckles as she walks away to a nearby desk.

My cheeks heat up more as I return to my post. I take a seat and do some more studying in between helping the last few people lingering around before they too leave for the day. I can't help but glance at Lilah a few times just to make sure she's still there. But as the clock strikes nine I find my mood dampening over the thought that she most likely won't stick around. She just needs help passing her assignment that's all, I think to myself.

"Um, I'm ready to go if you are?" I ask as I approach her hesitantly.

"Finally! I'm dying for some coffee!" She gathers her things before pulling me out of the building.

I smile at her antics as we figure out if any café is open at this hour. She remembers one that's been recommended to her a lot because of how late it's open for and I recognise it as the one that mostly caters to sleep deprived or stressed to death students. We head off campus and thankfully it's not that busy when we arrive. I grab a window seat in the corner and take out my things while Lilah orders our drinks.

"So, Faye, tell me about yourself." She asks once she comes back and opens her laptop again. "Have you always lived here?"

"No, I'm from California. But me and my family moved to Florida when I was a teenager." I explain as she angles her laptop towards me so that I can check what she's done so far. "What about you?"

"Born and raised in New York. This is my first time out of that damn place!" She grins which only grows wider once I nod in approval of her work. "Okay so, I wrote about my research like this last time which obviously sucked."

We work away for the next while, drinking a concerning amount of coffee at this hour and scanning through books before trying to structure her assignment correctly. Throughout it all we chat about our courses and where we want to end up in the future. Turns out we have a couple of classes together and she tells me to sit next to her in them from now on which makes me happy.

We glance up at the sound of cheering as a crowd runs past before Lilah faces me again and speaks. "We must've won that soccer game."

"We had a game today?" I frown in confusion.