Chapter 09: Dance Of Deception

Start from the beginning

Vidya's form loomed over Kaamna, her eyes an amalgamation of fiery rage and tearful frustration. Her voice quivered with intensity as she spoke, a torrent of emotion breaking free. "Aap ne jo kiya hai na uski koi maafi nahi hai, aapko is gunah ki saza zaroor milegi Kaamna. Mere bache ko chot pahuchayi aapne, shak toh mujhe aap pe bohut pehle se tha par aaj..." Her voice trailed off, the gravity of the situation mingling with her words.

But in this moment, urgency took precedence. Kaamna's punishment could wait—what mattered was Ansh's life. With a heart heavy with worry, Vidya tore her gaze from Kaamna and turned towards the unconscious form of her child.

Every second was a precious thread slipping through her fingers, and Vidya knew that the race against time had begun. With the help of servants, she carefully cradled Ansh, their combined efforts propelling them towards the car. In the confines of the car, her fingers pressed against Ansh's clammy skin, her voice a mixture of desperation and determination as she tried to rouse him from his unconscious state.

"Anshu, beta, dekh meri taraf. Uth na bacha baat kar mujhse, kuch nahi hoga tujhe, kuch nahi hone dungi main" Vidya's words held a raw plea, a mother's unyielding love woven into each syllable. But the silence that met her efforts felt like an insurmountable barrier.

The journey to the hospital was a blur of anxiety and prayers, each passing second a stark reminder of the uncertainty that hung in the air. Vidya's gaze never wavered from Ansh's pale face, her fingers gripping his hand with a desperate hope, a silent promise that she would fight for him with every ounce of her being.

As the car raced through the streets, the cacophony of the world around them seemed to fade into the background, leaving only the urgent rhythm of Vidya's heartbeat and the fragile breaths of her child.

Vidya's prior call to Avinaash had triggered a swift response. As their car arrived at the hospital, Avinaash's heart raced in anticipation. With urgency in his eyes, he arranged a stretcher, carefully transferring Ansh onto it. Bloodstains served as a grim reminder of Ansh's critical state.

Suppressing his emotions, Avinaash led the stretcher into the emergency room. His medical instincts took over, guiding his movements as the team sprang into action. Amid the controlled chaos, Avinaash's focus remained unwavering.

Emerging from the emergency room, the doctor's words hung heavily in the air. "His condition is critical, Dr. Raizada. He has lost a lot of blood; we need blood." Avinaash's expression shifted from shock to concern, the weight of the situation pressing upon him.

Meanwhile, on the other side, Akaansh was immersed in a meeting. An unsettling unease had gripped him since morning, though its source eluded him. The client's question about finalizing the deal jolted him from his thoughts. Akaansh appeared distant, lost in a mental fog.

His PA's concerned voice tried to reach him, yet his trance persisted until her touch on his shoulder and a second call broke through. "Huh?"

Are you alright, sir?" his PA inquired, worry evident in her eyes. Akaansh nodded, regaining his focus just in time to finalize the deal, though a wave of unease still lingered. He downed another glass of water, the seventh of the day, attempting to quell the growing restlessness within him.

Akaansh's unease grew into a pressing concern. "Kya ho raha hai yeh, kyun aisa lag raha hai ke kuch galat hai, something's wrong par kyaa?" He reached a decision and promptly dialed Avinaash's number, needing answers.

Avinaash's voice trembled as he answered the call. "Hello, Avi."

The choked sob on the other end sent a wave of alarm through Akaansh. "Bhaiyaa."

Akaansh's heart skipped a beat. "Avinaash, kya hua hai, why are you crying? Avi, please say something. You are scaring me."

Amidst tears, Avinaash managed to speak. "Anshu bhaiya... he needs you. Please, aap jaldi se hospital aajao."