Chapter 59- Happy Ending

Start from the beginning

I steadied the consistency of the ship and climbed up the structure. Toph's position caught my eye as Sokka continued to struggle to pull her up.

My airship took down the other airship, Sokka ensuring Toph landed safely on it before leaping down himself, hurting his leg again in the process. He fell over in pain.

"How did that happen? Did the boomerang return?" Toph quipped.

Sokka looked upward, a grin spreading across his face. "No, Venus did!"

As I reached them, I embraced Sokka, tackling him to the ground, our joy overshadowing his pain. "My leg!"

"Oh no, I'm so sorry, baby."

Attempting to rise, Sokka pulled me closer, burying his nose in my neck. "I thought... I lost you."

Blinking back tears, I whispered, "I know. I'm so sorry."

Sokka and I held each other for a moment longer.

"Shouldn't we be seeing Aang?" Toph interjected.

"Yeah, sorry." I helped Sokka up, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder leaning his body weight onto me as he hopped on one leg.

"I think it's broken,"

"Let's head inside," I suggested as I carried Sokka inside the control room, settling him in a chair.

"Who was steering the wheel?" Toph asked.

"I don't know, the spirits?"

"Can I steer?" Toph's curiosity lingered.

Sokka and I exchanged glances. "Sure, why not?"

"Sweet!" Toph grasped the wheel, and suddenly we were hurtling downwards into the ocean.

"Oh my spirits, Toph, pull up! Up!"

The airship began to ascend, hurtling towards the fight with Ozai and Aang.

"Venus, promise you won't become a mother, because you didn't just let a blind girl pilot an airship, did you?"

I shrugged nonchalantly. "Consider it crossed off your bucket list."

Toph gasped. "How did you know?"

Returning my focus to Sokka, I began tending to his wounds. His unwavering gaze made me pause. "What?" I inquired, feeling his eyes on me.

"I thought I lost you out there." He said.

"But you didn't,"

But I did!" Sokka's voice carried a touch of desperation. "If it wasn't for a miracle, you'd be a splatter on the ground, headed to the spirit world."

Shifting from kneeling to sitting on Sokka's lap, I reached out. "I admit it was reckless, but it was the only way to save you, to save Toph."

Sokka leaned his forehead against mine. "Promise me you won't do that again." He pressed his lips tenderly against mine.

Pulling back slightly, I brushed my lips against his. "I have something for you." From behind me, I pulled out his space sword.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝕍𝕖𝕟𝕦𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕂𝕪𝕠𝕤𝕙𝕚 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕣: 𝕊𝕠𝕜𝕜𝕒 𝕩 𝕆𝕔 🎉