ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 ²

༻♥︎༒♡༒♥︎

"Ah, hello, new neighbor. You're just in time for a neighborly dinner with everyone in the neighborhood. Aren't you just so lucky?"

You got confused and slighted unnerved when he said that, you've met all of your neighbors but you've never seen him around...

"You didn't answer my question, who are you?" You spoke in a nervous but bold tone. You didn't like how much he's grin stretched wider when you asked that but he didn't seem to notice, or pretended not to notice anyway.

"Of course, mind my manners. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Wally Darling, your other neighbor." 'Wally' spoke rather cheerfully, he was unnervingly welcoming for someone you just met.

"Huh-" "Do you mind calling for the other neighbors? I'm sure they would be all hungry by now. I'm sure they would also be happy to know that someone came to join us." You were cut off by him speaking in such a charming but calm tone.

Wally went to prepare the 'neighborhood dinner' before turning to you. "Well? Don't be shy, go ahead and explore."

You slowly left the kitchen while giving him an odd look before you left completely.

꧁༻❦-----❦༺꧂

You made your way around the house before stumbling across a neighbor you knew back home named Barnaby.

"Mr Barnaby?" You spoke in surprise and confusion. "What are you doing here-" You gasped when 'Barnaby' turned around and looked at you. Blue buttons on the spot where his normal blue eyes would be.

"Well, hey there, fella! Feeling jittery and explorin', I see!" 'Barnaby' spoke and took out his large paw for a handshake. "You can just call me Mr B, kiddo."

"O...kay..." You spoke, weirded and creeped out before slowly taking his paw for that handshake.

"(Y/n) (L/n), right?" Mr B asked with a raised brow and his usual smile. You almost thought you were dreaming but the dreams felt a little too... real...

"Yeah, just call me (Y/n) though..." You spoke nervously as you scratched the side of your arm awkwardly.

"Alrighty then, kid. So, what brings you here?" Mr B asked again as he crossed his arms, still having that playful smile on his lips.

"Oh, right. Um, Wally said that the food was ready." You spoke unsurely but just shrugged it off.

"Oh! That's great! I guess you're going 'round calling for the other neighbors then, 'ey?" Mr B laughed wholeheartedly before patting you on the back. "Well, how about I make your job easier for ya'! I'll get Poppy and Frank while you get the others. Well, it was nice knowing ya'!"

And with that, Mr B was off...

You went around the house again before coming across two more familiar faces but with buttons for eyes.

"Mrs. Julie...? Mrs. Sally...?" You muttered to yourself but it seems that Julie heard.

"Hello, neighbor! Good to see you again!" 'Julie' smiled brightly.

"Hello, dear. It's magnificent to see you around again. Please, just call us Julie and Sally." 'Sally' smiled proudly.

You found 'Julie' and 'Sally' outside, talking about stage performances with excessive excitement.

'Julie' waved happily at you and ran to give you a big hug with 'Sally' trailing behind her.

"We were just about to stop by Howdy's place! Wanna come!?" 'Julie' excitedly dragged you over to 'Howdy's' place before you can say another word.

"W-Wait-!" You tried to stop her from making you trip because of her dragging you along with them but gave up after a while. It was funny though.

You needed to call 'Howdy' too anyway.

After entering 'Howdy's' place, the shop bell rang signalling a customer, or three.

"Well, how do you do, you three? Glad to see you three together in my shop! Haha!" 'Howdy' chuckled gleefully. "So what can I get you folks?"

Like everyone here, 'Howdy' had buttons for eyes. "Mr. Howdy?" You spoke.

"Well, jolly to see you again, (Y/n)!" 'Howdy' greeted you with a smile.

"Oh, we just need the gifts that we left here, Howdy." 'Sally' explained.

"Oh! The ones that forgot in my shop the other day! I remember! I'll be right back!" 'Howdy' went behind the counter to grab two boxes that were wrapped up. "Here you are, girls!"

"Thanks, Howdy!" 'Julie' thanked as she lifted the gifts with her hands. "Not a problem, Julie! Just doing what a friend should!" 'Howdy' laughed.

You were about to speak until the sound of the shop bell caught everyone's attention, along with the heavy panting.

"Hey there, pals..."

You turned your head to see another familiar face but, like everyone else in this world, had buttons for eyes. "Mr. Eddie?"

"(Y/n)! 'Thought I saw a familiar face!" 'Eddie' chuckled nervously, sweating slightly. You waved and smiled politely.

"What's gotten you so tired, Eddie?" 'Sally' asked with a small laugh.

"Oh, you know, the usual. The mail don't deliver themselves, as I always say!" 'Eddie' laughed it off.

"Right, you should get a break some time, Eddie. It ain't good to stress yourself too much." 'Howdy' suggested.

"Thanks, but I'll be fine." 'Eddie' brushed off.

"Well, actually, Wally told me to call all of you guys for the 'neighborhood dinner' in Home." You spoke awkwardly, scratching the back of your neck.

"Oh, that's right! Good golly! Thanks for reminding us, (Y/n)! We'll all be there!" 'Howdy' smiled and patted your head with one of his hands.

"Yeah! Go on ahead while we get a few things." 'Sally' urged you out of the store.

"See ya' there, kiddo!"

You walked back to Home, going to tell Wally that you did what he asked.

Wally was proud and told you to wait in the living room while everything was being prepared for the 'neighborhood dinner'.

You tried to insist that you'd help but you were shushed and ushered to the living room to wait.

Your time with everyone was amazing and spectacular, but...

Why did you have that nagging feeling that something is wrong....?