The Game: fretful || Episode 36

The whole day felt like a daze to Darya, and before she had even noticed, it was the last lesson of the day. The whole day Darya's mind had been occupied with all of the questions she plans on asking Lukyan, having them memorized much better than she had expected. Darya stares out of the window, completely enveloped by her own thoughts. Lukyan's gaze shifts from the teacher's lesson, over to Darya. He stares at the the side of her head, looking at her curly hair as her face is turned away from him, then his gaze moves over to the window. He looks at the sky behind the thick glass, looking at the dark and gloomy clouds that cover the blue sky. He gazes at the clouds, seeing a trees branches gently move side to side in a steady manner in the corner of his eye. “..I guess it'll be raining today afterall. Thank god I brought an umbrella. Dolion really saves my ass sometimes..” Lukyan thinks to himself, a slight smile on his face as he thinks about Dolion.

Before Darya knew it, the loud bell finally dismisses the classroom, freeing them from the mundane lesson. Darya quickly jumps up from her chair, quickly beginning to open her backpack and packing her stuff in a hurried manner. Lukyan looks over at Darya, his eyebrows slightly raising as he chuckles at the urgency of Darya's packing. Lukyan also stands up, beginning to pack his stuff up too as he speaks to Darya: “What's the hurry? Did you forget to turn off your steaming iron at home?” he jokes, causing Darya to breathe out of her nose and a slight grin to appear on her face. “No. I hope you didn't forget about our meeting today.” Darya answers truthfully. Lukyan slightly gasps in a dramatic manner as he replies: “Forget? How can you think so lowly of me, Darya! I'd never forget!” Darya slowly turns her head towards Lukyan, staring at him for a moment before replying in a sarcastic manner: “..You forgot, didn't you?” Lukyan giggles, playing along: “Yup.”

As Lukyan and Darya walk out of the classroom, Darya speaks to Lukyan: “so, how should we do this?” Lukyan casually answers Darya, the usual calm smile gracing his face: “Well, I dunno about you, but I've got time today. The teachers were nice enough to free us from homework for today afterall!” Darya thinks for a moment, before suggesting: “How about this, we head home for now, eat something, rest a bit, and then once we're ready you, I, will text each other so that we can meet up somewhere.” Lukyan nods in agreement before giving his vocal agreement: “sounds good. Deal!” Darya nods slightly in response, seeming relieved that Lukyan seems fine with that suggestion.
As Lukyan and Darya walk outside, to Darya's surprise, she already sees the familiar silver car pull into the driveway in front of the school. She glances at the car plate, confirming for herself that it is indeed her mother's car. Darya, in a hurried manner says her goodbyes to Lukyan: “Lukyan, my mom's already here. I'll see you later, alright? don't forget to text me.” Lukyan nods, smiling as he speaks to Darya while she begins to hurry over to the car: “See you, Darya! I won't forget, promise!” Lukyan watches Darya open the car's door and sit inside with a slight smile on his face. And after a few seconds pass, the silver car in which Darya had just sat in drives off, leaving Lukyan and the school behind. Lukyan's smile falters, and a blank look appears on his face as he stares off into the distance. He pulls his phone out of his pocket, turning it on briefly to look at the time. “I should get going too.” he thinks to himself as his gaze falls upon the time, then he puts his phone back into his pocket and begins to walk off, also leaving the school's grounds as he heads to the subway station.