V1 - Chapter 6: Investigation

Start from the beginning

"Nagumo, I'd like you to meet your new coworker, Vice President Kiyotaka," Manabu said, introducing me as the second vice. I noticed Nagumo clench his fist and grit his teeth.

"A pleasure to meet you, Ayanokoji. I look forward to working with you." He responded through a forced smile whilst sipping his tea in quite an angry manner.

"Likewise." A small smirk formed on my lips as I dismissed myself and left the room.

Nagumo Miyabi. He's like me, except he's far beneath the level I am. He's cunning and manipulative. And judging from what he's accomplished, he's quite determined to get his way. As he has control of his year and potentially the stream of income that the classes earn, there's no way of knowing if he had the points to buy his way out of an expulsion. Although, I don't know how much it costs to relieve yourself of an expulsion, so I won't rule out the idea of expelling him yet. He most definitely had people working beneath him as his lackeys, so all I need to do now is find some of them and exhort information out of them.

-

-

-

The end of the school day arrived and as I was about to walk into the convenience store near the dorms, I overheard some commotion happening. Of course, I went over to have a look but kept my presence hidden. Once I noticed I could use this to my advantage, I began recording. I took a handkerchief out of my blazer pocket and wrapped it around my mouth also pushing my hair down to cover my eyes.

There were three upper-classmen, and from my observation, they were in their second year of this school. To my advantage, they were manipulating and threatening a first-year into giving them their points. Said person is not from my class and he seemed aggressive so the only other class I could presume he's from, is Class C.

Under pressure, the first year gave them the points as he was provoked into initiating a physical fight which was all caught on camera by the security cameras. So, these cameras don't pick up sound? Interesting.

I secretly trailed them until they reached a spot that seemed to pique my interest. Everywhere I looked, there were zero cameras, meaning you could do anything without being caught by the school here.

I made my presence known by turning my phone on to max volume and playing the recorded video, watching their faces turn pale.

"Isn't this against the rules?" I questioned, my eyebrows raised, "Surely you can get expelled for this, can't you?"

"Who the fuck are you?" I stopped the recording and then audio-recorded the entire conversation from now, placing my phone in my pocket.

"Who knows?" I replied, "Perhaps your ring leader, Nagumo, does?" This was a prime chance to know if Nagumo was involved in this scheming. My bluff seemed to work.

"How the fuck do you know that Nagumo is-." He was cut off by another one of the three by covering his mouth.

"Are you an idiot, he could have been bluffing." The other one was stupid, potentially class c or d? This one was probably in class b.

I stopped the voice recording.

"I was indeed bluffing, but now I know that Nagumo is your ringleader. What would he say or do if he found out? Perhaps... expel you?" I questioned them again, "Well, I could expel you before he could even find out about this little mishap, right?" I left them unable to speak, "Should we come to a little compromise?" I asked, "No one has to know as long as you do something for me."

They all nodded in agreement, and a sly smile formed beneath my handkerchief, "Give me all of your private points." If they were scamming first years, there's no doubt that they've scammed other people too and have acquired a lot of points.

"Hell no!" I raised an eyebrow,

"Would you rather that or be expelled from this school with a snap of a finger?" I asked.

They eventually gave in to the agreement. 835,000, 1,124,000 and 265,000.

1124
0835.      2144
0265.        194
———.     ———
2 1 44.     2338
1 1   1.        1
I hope you guys know I did the working out on Wattpad because I was too lazy to switch to the calculator app

I left the three upperclassmen broke and pissed off and went to my dorm room.

Adding to the list of things I know about Nagumo.

7. He robs people of their points through manipulation and blackmail.

My account balance now read 2,338,547. I've been here a week and I'm already rich, isn't this fun?

I suppose instead of expelling Nagumo in the near future, I should rack up evidence to expose him during the student council president elections when the third-year graduate and then crush and expel him.

Now that would be fun.