Chapter 6: The Queen's Ball

Start from the beginning

The audience gasped as a man dressed as a rabbit appeared next to the Queen, taking her hand in his.

Everyone in the ballroom began to partner up for the dance that was about to take place, and the Queen and the Prince stepped onto the dance floor.

Winter turned to (Y/n). "I'm going to try and see if I can get his attention. Stay here." He said, walking off.

"What? Wait, who am I going to...oh forget it." She sighed, seeing he was already gone.

...

"In folklore, the rabbit is known to use cunning and trickery to outwit his enemies." The Queen said.

"Or perhaps you prefer your guests feel out of control and slightly uncomfortable." The Prince replied.

"Handsome and smart. How confusing." The Queen teased.

The two turned their backs to each other to prepare to dance, when a man dressed as a turtle told the Prince to beat it.

...

The Prince hurried across the dance floor to try and find another partner and stood behind a woman dressed as a butterfly.

The music started and everyone turned to face their partner. The Queen was met with disappointment, seeing the turtle man, and the Prince and (Y/n) were met with shock, seeing each other.

"You."

"You?"

"You're here." The Prince observed.

"Yes, I am. But...you're the Prince?"

Prince Andrew bowed to her and the two began dancing.

"Yes, I am. I'm surprised to see you here. Didn't you have a friend with you?" He asked.

"Yes, I do. He actually went looking for you, but you seemed to have moved." (Y/n) said.

"Yes, I was kicked out of my spot by a turtle." The prince explained.

(Y/n) furrowed her brows in confusion. "Oh...well, anyway, I'm glad to see you again. Winter and I need to talk to you."

...

Speaking of Winter, he had moved through the crowd, trying to get a better look at the Prince, but was met with confusion when he saw his step-mother dancing with someone dressed as a turtle.

He began looking around for someone wearing a hat with rabbit ears poking out of the top. Fortunately, it wasn't too hard for him to spot the Prince again. Unfortunately, he was dancing with a familiar butterfly.

...

"What did you need to talk to me about?" The Prince asked, as they turned their back to each other again.

This was the part of the dance where everyone switched partners. The man next to the Prince tried to step behind (Y/n), but the Prince shoved him over to the person next to him.

They turned around and raised their hands again to start the dance over, but another hand came in and knocked the Prince's out of the way.