Chapter Two

The whole school day has gone slow. My brothers have been more protective of me than what they usually are; I'm usually allowed to eat lunch with my friend Kate (her dad is part of The Kings) but today Luke and Beau didn't let me. I had to sit with them and their friends all lunch. I saw the group of new kids though; they were all watching me intently. Luke and Beau stiffened as a certain gaze fell upon me. His gaze. I didn't know his name, but his eyes made me cower in fear. They were a dark green with specks of black through them. He was tall and well built like Kye; his curly hair fell effortlessly over his forehead. His jaw was clenched tight, his lips in a hard line. Luke and Beau didn't let him see me fully; their frames stood in front of me. That was after the first period of the day though; I hadn't seen their group since. The twins haven't mentioned our encounter once.

Luke and Beau were walking me to my favorite class; photography, the only class I have alone. We stood at the entrance to the door. I turned to say goodbye to the twins, standing up on my tip toes to give them each a kiss on the cheek.

"Don't talk to anyone" Luke instructed.

"Don't draw attention to yourself." Beau continued.

"Tell us if anyone annoys you."

"And we'll deal with them" Beau finished. I laughed, they had given me this talk a million times before.

"I'll be fine, boys. It's one hour alone." They rolled their eyes before saying goodbye and walking off. I turned on my heel and walked into the classroom. People were already sitting down, their gazes focused on me. They didn't stare for too long; they knew they'd be in trouble if they did. I walked to the back of the classroom, taking my usual seat. I didn't sit next to anybody and I liked it that way. It was peaceful, my thoughts and I left alone. I was drawing on my book as Mr. Smith walked in. He was young and enjoyed a joke; personally my favorite teacher. I looked up and smiled, he was the only teacher that wasn't scared to look at me and smile back. He walked to the front of the room before beginning class.

"Afternoon class!" He began in his chirpy voice. We mimicked his greeting. "Alright, first off we have a new student joining us today." He raised his arm to point to the door. There he stood looking as terrifying as ever; the boy who had looked at me today. I quickly dropped my gaze hoping he didn't see me. I knew there had to be a reason why my brothers had covered me. Mr.Smith continued talking.

"Class, I want you to be as welcoming as you can to, er..." He trailed off speaking, obviously not knowing the new students name.

"Harry" The new boy spoke. His voice was deep and husky, it chilled my soul. Even the sound of his voice was terrifying.

"Alright Harry. You can take a seat up the back. The only one that's free" Mr Smith pointed to me and smiled. My hair covered my face as I tried to hide from the scary man. His footsteps approached me loud and confident. He stopped one he reached my table, pulling the chair out slowly to extend the screeching noise it made. He laughed when my body jumped out of fright, sitting down next to me. I shifted my body as far away as possible. We sat in silence for ten minutes; my heart was beating erratically. I had just slowed my breathing down when he spoke.

"What's your name?" He questioned, his lips were close to my ear. I chose to ignore him, I wasn't allowed to speak to anyone. He waited for my answer.

"Answer me." He growled. My heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to jump out of my chest. I tried to focus on Mr.Smith's speech on Multiplicity and ignore the intimidating boy next to me.

"I don't like to be ignored." He spat, lips right near my ear so nobody else could hear. "Tell me your fucking name."

"Katie" I replied, thinking fast. He chuckled a throaty chuckle. It was cold, holding no trace of humor. It sounded like a threat and at this moment in time I was about to cry.

"Liar liar, pants on fire" He sang in a childlike voice. I gulped loudly.

"You know, I can tell when someone lies to me. Especially a pretty girl." He continued, playing with a strand of my hair. I was terrified, no boy ever had the courage to talk to me, let alone touch my hair. "Be smart, Princess. Tell me your name."

"No." I said confidently. His lips cracked into a grin, showing dimples.

"Emerald Rosalie King, you shouldn't be so smart" I could sense the smirk on his face through his words, my eyes were focused on Mr Smith. My heart stopped beating for a millisecond as I heard my full name roll off his tongue.

"H-How do you k-know my name?" I stuttered. He chuckled dryly.

"It's easy really. I've been watching you all day, sweetheart. Your brothers are Kye, Dylan, Luke and Beau. They'd beat the shit out of anyone that came close to you. Your father is the proud leader of The Kings. Your his little princess, he along with the rest of the gang would do anything for you. Your mother was murdered by us, The Devils." He explained.

"Don't talk about my mother" I growled. He laughed again,

"My dad told me you'd be a challenge. Said your mum was trouble to take care of too." Tears were threatening to spill over my eyes but I kept myself together.

"I won't be a challenge, you bastard. I'll be your worst fucking nightmare." I threatened.

"Somehow I don't think you will be, Princess." He smirked. The bell rang, signifying the end of the school day. Luke and Beau were standing at the frame of the door, watching me intently. I pushed past Harry and made my way over to my brothers who were watching him with dark eyes.

"I'll see you around, Emerald!" Harry called after me.

-------------------------------------------------------holaa!

Are you liking the story so far? I'm not sure about it!

Please Vote and comment! It would mean the world to me!!