"You..." His voice was hoarse.

"...Huh?" You mumbled, taking another step closer.

"It's your fault." A smile. He smiled as he said those words. "They're dead— right? You told me. And you killed them."

"I-I had to!" Sudden words you didn't mean to say escaped your lips. "They were bitten!"

"That doesn't excuse your actions," he sighed, shaking his head as he turned to fully face you. "You're a killer. With that bat of yours, right?"

"I've told you a million times— they were fucking bitten!" You screamed loudly, your eyes widening as your head began to ache badly. "It was either we go down, too, since they would have bitten us for sure if I let them live!"

The male laughed, shaking his head in disbelief. He said something, obviously, but it was muffled. You didn't understand him one bit. He shook his head, his smile still strong on his face.

But then it disappeared, "You're a mistake, [Name]. You... you're some heartless asshole."

"I told you, they needed—"

"So?!" He argued back with you. "Who cares?! I'm so damn tired of hearing your pathetic excuses! Excuses are just fucking lies in disguise! You and me— we're both fucked up, [Name]."

"Don't group me up with the likes of you!" Your voice was loud. "I'm fucking fine. You? You are a wretched fucking psycho who doesn't understand jack shit! Who cares if they were people we loved?! It's life or death— and you can't seem to understand that!"

The boy was silent.

The silence was loud.

"I hope you jump off a bridge and die a lonely death, [Name]. Good meeting you." He said, waving his hand. He took one single step back, and then... he fell.

CRACK!!!

-

You awoke in a cold sweat, breathing heavily. You looked down, only to see that your right arm was all bandaged up. You saw that nobody else was in the room with you for some reason, so you sighed, trying to calm yourself down so you didn't look like you were just in some psychotic dream of yours. Your eyes trailed down, your heart beating faster than you could blink a million times.

The door opened, and there was Todoroki.

"... [Surname]?"

"Uh... why are you here?" You asked him, your eyes wavering to the side.

"To check up on you," he answered easily. "Should I leave?"

"N-No, you're fine." You reply, shaking your head. "I'm just shaken up a little. Probably best to have someone here with me."

Todoroki nodded softly, his eyes looking into yours as he started to speak. "Did you see my match?"

"... Obviously." You chuckled, looking down to break the random eye contact with him. "You were on fire."

"I didn't think of my father at all at that moment," he explained. There was more confusion on his side. "Midoriya also said some words to me... which didn't make sense because aren't we here to win and become the best?"

"I mean, that's everyone's goal here." You reply, laying back down. "But, Midoriya... he's different, in a good way. He wants to help others— like a true hero."

Todoroki stayed silent at your statement, but nodded as a way to say he agreed.

"What you said was on my mind, too."