6. "Hero."

You and the boy said goodbye to each other and went your separate ways. By yourself once again, and the sudden threat of Haruto coming back to your mind, you shudder and begin to frantically look for Niko. The event that happened with that All Might dude was quite exhausting for you, but you did not regret coming out at all. If anything, some excitement was what you wanted to happen. This chaos is what you desired.

It was boring in that place, after all.

The only unfortunate thing that happened was that you lost Niko, but you had hope that he was alright.

"Niko!" You called out, hoping the small cat would pop his head out. Looking around for any signs of him, you did not notice anything at all. You stood still, looking down to the ground. It was in such a short amount of time, but you got quite emotionally attached to Niko. A noticeable frown was displayed on your face, but you dismissed your feelings.

Again, you looked around. No traces of the cat were to be seen. You're glad he fled, you really are. You just didn't think of the consequences.

Unless...

Niko did not actually get away and that sludge thing engulfed him?!

"...Shit!" You cursed. Now not only was Haruto's wrath on your mind, the fact that Niko could have been swallowed whole by that monster was too! Sure, you saw him run away, but seeing how huge that thing got, as well as the fact it also hung onto you as it was devouring the green haired dude scared you!

A sudden explosion can be heard, and you immediately look over to see the rise of smoke. You blink.

"Niko!" You ran to the source, your legs carrying you in hopes of finding the cat there. It was stupid, and dumb, yes, but... perhaps the cat also had bad luck like you and got itself in another situation. Or, was it a lousy excuse just to get yourself killed? Haha! Killed, you? The person who fell from the sky?! The person who was fighting brutal zombies in the past? You, dead? Powered and buckled up with a quirk now, you have nothing to fear! If you die, then so be it—!

You stopped almost immediately, in front of the entire crowd after pushing your way through. You breathed in, slowly letting the air out. You stare down the scene in front of you. That same bastard of a slime in front of you, now trying to take control of someone else's body. The person seemed to be fighting back, thankfully. Looked like there were some heroes, too. You checked the area to see if Niko could be hiding somewhere, but couldn't find him at all. You sigh for the millionth time. Really, what could you do? Niko's gone, and it quite literally seems like he just evaporated into air after you told him to run. So much for gaslighting yourself that he would be here.

"My God!" A familiar voice heavily breathed. "Just— huh?! [Name]?!"

You looked over at who had just called your name, and behold, it was Haruto.

Wait, Haruto as in the white haired Haruto that was most likely going to rip you to shreds for disobeying him and going outside? Yes, that one!

You let out a small scream of terror, trembling for what would happen next. You frantically looked around as Haruto pushed through the crowd to get to you. Starting to move throughout the crowd in hopes of losing him, you created two plans. One, you get the hell out of the commotion zone, and make a run for it. Two, you force the sludge monster to choose you instead. Man, what even made you think of the second one? No third choice at all? What are you, suicidal?

... Precisely. Blame it on the bridge incident.

Regardless, Niko was nowhere to be found. He can be taken care of by Haruto if worse comes to worse. If you go with plan one, honestly speaking, you're probably going to get caught, and perish by Haruto's hands. That's a given. As for two... you'll die by suffocation. If you convince it to drop the dude it's trying to control right now, and have it go to you instead, you'll at least die a hero, yay! ... It doesn't even look like the actual heroes are even doing anything, anyways. Not like that old hag would do anything, either, since he's a scrawny old boney piece of... nevermind.