𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟳

We were cleaning up the mess eveyone had made on the back porch when conrad asked all of is to set up the fireworks and clams. "Conrad, want me to stay so those two can be idots on the beach?" Jere grabbed me by my waist and threw me around, "meanie."

When he finally put me down conrad smiled, "no i got cleanup, you guys go have fun." When i walked away with the boys adam had stepped out back and conrad went to talk to him.

I looked back and conrad was storming off, classic adam, saying something and offending eveyone around him.

I catch up with the boys. "Hey do you guys know why eveyone left? Like the debs and cam cameron?" I asked them. "Well." Steven murmured.

I rubbbed his back, "oh, thats why. Shouldve known."

Steven never really had chances with girls and it was sad to see him liking a girl and this happening. "So what did she say." Jere asked. "She said tha we werent anything anyways and it was all just for fun."

I know steven and the next words to come out of his mouth with involve something stupid he said. "And i agreed." I was right.

I winced, "you fucked up man." Jere added. "She wanted you to say you wanted to be exclusive."

I nodded my head in agreement, "coming from a woman, what jere said basically sums up what every girl  thinks in this situation."

We rushed steven to get his girl shayla. "So lu, lun, luna." "Jere?"

He plopped down onto the sand and pat the spot infront of him, "Girl talk."
I rolled my eyes and sat down. "Do you like conrad?" He asked me this all of a sudden, it had caught me off guard for a moment. "Oh, well, uhm."

I didnt know how to answer him. I dont know if i like him anymore, nicole is there and im just, not.

"I dont know anymore." He smiled at me, "because, i saw the way he looked at you just now." I looked down with a slight smile and im glad the sun was already going down so he wouldnt notice the red tint on the top of my cheeks.

"Im only asking because you should definitely go for it if you do." Jeremiah was like that caring and always trying to call himself a matchmaker. "Jere. I think so." He grinned at me fearlessly, i shoved his shoulder. "But he as a girlfriend and shes nice." I didnt mean to say it in such a sarcastic voice when i called her nice but it came out like that.

"You sure?" I shook ny head and stood up. "If you really want me to try i will but if it goes badly im never speaking to you again." Now that was a lie, i would tell him all about it when it happened and he knew it. "You know what jere."

"What lunie." I cringed at the nickname. "Ew. And i think that you should try to speak your feelings to your little crush."

"And who would that be?" I kicked his feet and walked away. "No! Who?! Tell me luna!"

I knew he knew because when i looked back he was standing with his hands crossed and a smirking smile, one that reminded me of conrads in a way.

✰✰

It was now completely dark and conrad was out on the dock all alone. I was in different clothes now. I was wearing a cute blue yale hoodie and simple back leggings. Conrad always encouraged me to go to yale but when i didnt make it brown was the only option other than finch.

I walked slowly down the deck taking in deep breaths. The air was cold with the ocean breeze and salt air. The floorboards had a small creek in each step alerting conrad when i was right behind him. "Hey luna."

"Hey con." Conrad smiled at me it all fell back to me every summer at this house, every meal we've eaten, even arcade game, evey conversation.

"So i lied to nicole for you." We wre watching the fireworks for a while before he answered me, "about what?"

"That you talk about her and bring her up all the time." His small smirk that's usually there fades a little, "i just think that you guys have stuff going for each other and i didnt want anything to ruin that for her and, you." I paused before i said him but he could tell i was hinting at something.

"You didnt have to, luna." His eyes didnt even look into mine he was so focused on keeping his gaze away.

"Why?" I asked.

"I dont know, but i think my my mom just got railed." His expression changed once again and he was supprised. "Wow, go laurel."

Se stood in silence for a while till conrad spoke up.

"Luna, about the necklace." He started, i didnt let him finish instead i interrupted with an apology, "im sorry i shouldn't have brought it up."

I look into the sky as a red firework shoots into the stars. "No, no."

"I, uhm. I did get it for you." I didn't understand but i did at the sane time.

"Then why didnt you give it to me?" I asked. "I was embarrassed i guess." Now this made absolutely no sense, what was there to be embarrassed about? It was a beautiful necklace that meant so much to us as kids. "Why?"

"Luna, you dont know the effect you have on people." This time he looked at me the words coming right out of his mouth, i was stuck where i stood and i couldnt move. "Effect on people? I dont know what you mean."

He scoffs and tucks my hair behind my ear, we were closer now and his warm breath was heating up my face, and the sent of his cologne was the only sent i could make out.

"Yeah, you do." His voice was soft and gentle. I felt one hand go to the side of my head, his fingers lacing my hair and the other snaking along my waist. I melted into his touch. My arms finding a way to his neck, his eyes looking from mine to my lips. He was wearing a small smirk and his eyes were exploring my face every detail like he hasnt seen my face in years.

"Are you going to kiss me or not fisher." He smiled as our lips connected, my hands gripping his sweater and our lips moving perfectly in sync like we had done this a million times before. His hands were snaked around my waist one of them sliding up my back his fingers intertwined with my hair.

He was passionate and gentle. You could tell he has been waiting for this moment, how long? Something i dont care to focus on as he takes a breath smiling, "you dont know how long ive wanted to grab your face and kiss you."

"Shut up." I say pulling him back in, this time it was even more passionate knowing that we both wanted this. Conrad was smirking into the kiss moving his hands back down to my hips his warm hands wrapped around my bare skin.

𝟭𝟮𝟮𝟯 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀
𝗔/𝗻: 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗺 𝘀𝗼 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗶 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘃𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝘆𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗼 𝗶 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗺 𝘁𝗿𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝘀𝗼 𝗶 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝟮 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝟯 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗸.