𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯

✰✰

I woke up with a small headache and with the same clothes from the night before. I went downstairs and into the kitchen knowing that Jeremiah was making his famous hangover smoothie. "You need one too, luna?" Jere swatted steven away. "Um, yea, probably."

My mom sighes and continues her work. "Can you please hurry up." Conrad begs from the couch. "Just go back to to bed, alright." I laugh knowing conrad will be moody if he doesnt get fixed soon. "Steven get out," jere huffs, "this is delicate science and your heavg breathing is going to break the yolk." Steven walks off, "okay, okay, okay."

They continue their conversation from earlier, "she hasnt painted you since you were little, itll be nice to have when your older." Steven walks back into the kitchen, "old. No. When im older im sure theyll be like, holograms or something that i can watch myself, you know?" The blender starts going and i jump, that hurt my head even more.

"Just sit for your portraits." My mom sighes, "i dont see conrad complaining." Jeremiah finishes the cup and walks to over to his brother, "hell complain when hes conscious."

Conead whispers a thank you to him and steven yells at jere, "come on, man. Hurry you ass up. I dont wanna be late on my first day." "You wont steven." Right before steven can do anything else i walk off with my smoothie and go into the living room where conrad is.

Belly walks in and mom gets all over protective over where shes been. "Is that a bruise," she says worried moving her hair out of the way of the dark spot on her face. "I-i bumped into someone." She blurts. "You bumped into someone?" My mom says not believing it for a second. "It doesnt look that bad." Conrad says looking down.

"Oh my god!" Susannah squeals from stairs. "Luna is going to be a debutant. I chuckle, im happy she's excited for me. "Its not that big of a deal." "Im sorry like luna? Like my sister? Like that thing right there." Steven laughs pointing at me. "Shut up, ass."

"This is going to be so much fun just you wait," susannah grins, "there is, uh, theres the tea, the auction, the ball of course, the rehearsal. I gotta write this down." I look down at my shoes, i can feel conrads eyes staring right at me. Susannah gasps, "we gotta go shopping."  "This sound's expressive." My mom blurts. "Are you sure you want to do this? Its not you." She asks

"Its not." Conrad said next to me. "Con cant you be at least a little bit supportive." Susannah sighed. "Now, whos gonna be their escorts. "Not me i went last year." Conrad said annoyed, "yea, and i swore of balls." Jeremiah said getting a snort from steven. "Dances dude."

Me and conrad always talked but he was acting diffrent, more cold shouldered towards eveyone. And he never told me he went which is also weird because i knew him better than anyone he was like my best friend and not mentioning this was major.

"Im going for a swim" conrad grunts."

And before i knew it, i was in a store with belly trying on dresses and clothes.

✰✰

I finally found the perfect white dress, it was flowey and had a square neckline. Maybe i was right about doing this. I smiled turning around, belly already got her dress and sher eyes widened when she saw me. "You look gorgeous." Susannah gushed. I felt it. I swear i saw a smile on my moms face.

I soun around, "can i get this one?" Susannah rolled her eyes, "you dont even need to ask. Yes!"

✰✰