The End

A/N: I've been delaying this chapter for way too long, and I am genuinely sorry about that. I don't know how to end it, but I do know I have to end it because otherwise I'll leave you guys waiting for another couple of months for an update and I feel bad doing so.

Again, sorry for the major delay, I hope everyone liked this story, it was a journey writing it and with my other ongoing stories (Lance Stroll & Max Verstappen) I found more and more my way of writing.

Thank you for all the support, for the 130k reads and for all the votes and comments. I see all of you, I appreciate all of you, I talk about your comments to the friends who know I have written this.

Let's cut this author's note and go on with the story, shall we?

▼▼▼

The race was intense, to say the least. First, it was delayed for 45 minutes due to rainy conditions, and then, in the second lap, a red flag was pulled out because Sergio Perez crashed his car in the hairpin turn.

And so, Amelia and George stood in their garage, briefing shortly over the rest of the race. In the two laps, Amelia managed to keep her third position, while George climbed one up to P6, having overtaken Fernando Alonso.

"How long until the restart?" Amelia asked when Toto appeared next to them.

"Ten minutes," He replied. "So, I came to tell you both to get back into the cars."

"Then we will do that."

George didn't say a thing to Toto, he nodded and then turned to his car. Toto sighed in response and shook his head to Amelia.

"He's just annoyed," she said, a poor attempt to justify his behaviour.

"I know he is. Play stupid games, and win stupid prizes. He was sure he could win the bet from you."

Amelia laughed at that retort. She never knew George could hold on to a loss so long. But it wasn't her problem, like Toto said, play stupid games, win stupid prices.

It was time to go racing. It was time to get a podium.

They restarted the race, and luckily for Amelia, she got another great start, granting her second place for the time being.

"Gap to Leclerc is 1.2, DRS will be enabled in 3 laps."

"Copy," Amelia responded. Charles was eager to win his home race. He was desperate. He needed this win, but that didn't mean Amelia was going to gift him his home win.

"0.9, enable DRS."

"Very clean lap, keep up the good work."

"0.3 seconds, 22 laps to go."

"Box, box."

"Currently, you're P5. With 3 in front of you who still need to box."

"P2 again, Leclerc still leading."

"Isn't he gonna box?"

"I expect them to not box."