Comforting Revenge

Dahlia ran out of the room where her sister lay dead and locked herself in her borrowed room.

"Why did it have to be you Tatyana?" Dahlia cried and looked down at the floor and up at the ceiling. "You have my mother and know you think killing my sister is funny. You're both sadists and you'll pay." She rocked back and forth on the bed and heard a knock on the bedroom door.

"Dahlia are you okay." It was Dean and she didn't want to talk to anyone at all so she told him to leave.

"G-go away Dean. Just go." Dahlia tried to say loudly but it came out miserably and she choked which only made her cry harder.

He tried to push the door and found that she had locked it. "Dahlia please let me in." He begged "I know it hurts but you can't be alone."

Dahlia looked up at the door and through her tear blurred vision she saw an ethereal body coming towards her. As it neared her, it solidified and she couldn't believe who it was.

It was her father, Crowley, the king of Hell.

"Get away from me!" Dahlia screamed and Dean began pounding on the door harder and harder.

"I hope he knows that won't do him any good." Said Crowley all Melancholy like as he sat on the bed beside her. "So my dearest daughter, are you willing to come with me. I really don't feel like killing anymore of our family." Dahlia's stomach churned with a mixture of disgust, sadness, hatred and fear.

"I'll never come with you. I won't be a weapon and they aren't your family. They're mine." Dahlia said shakily and Crowley pulled a knife out of his breast pocket. Dahlia scrambled to get away and he only laughed.

He cornered her against the headboard and clutched the knife in his hand. "There are ways to make you come with me, my dear. The future queen of Hell." he smiled, his face curling into a sinister formation. "I hope you can dodge my dear."

(Dean Heard this whole conversation)

He brought the knife down and Dahlia rolled to the right. He turned and brought it down again with her dodging to her left. He aimed the blade straight at her chest and she rolled off of the bed and onto the floor. He followed after her and he suddenly vanished. Dahlia looked around hurriedly, not sure where he was when he appeared behind her.

Dahlia didn't have anytime to react, he brought the blade down to her chest as the bedroom door flew off of its hinges. This caused him to flinch and the knife flew from its target. Instead of impaling her heart it impaled the right side of her chest where her heart would be if it was on the left side.

Dahlia threw a dagger and it nailed him right under the rib cage . He vanished in mid air as Sam and Dean came running towards her.

"Dahlia,Dahlia are you okay." Dean said as he shook her shoulders. Dahlia looked at him and responded in a sarcastic tone, wincing as the knife shifted in her chest.

"I'm fine Dean, I only have a knife impaled in my chest. I'm just peachy keen." Dahlia gave a weak laugh as Sam put his hands on the hilt of the knife.

Without warning he pulled the dagger out of her chest and Dahlia gasped loudly. "What the hell s-" she said as she collapsed, falling into Dean's arms. Dahlia lay in his arms and she could feel herself slipping into unconsciousness.

"Sam, you're a real son of a..." Dahlia hissed as she slipped into unconsciousness, her body going limp in Dean's muscular arms. Dean picked her up and gently placed her on the bed.

"You sure get into lots of trouble Dahlia." he said and Sam stooped down to pick up the blade.

"Uh Dean." Sam said tentatively

"Yah Sammy. What is it?"

"I don't want to make things worse but the blade was laced with poison. An almost incurable poison."

"You're kidding me right."

"No I'm not Dean and believe me I wish I was. She might not make it to the morning Dean and if she does she will be fine." Sam slowly backed out of the room as Dean was clenching his fists in anger. He moved a chair beside the bed where Dahlia lay and he put his head in his hands. He began to mutter to himself.

"Every time I get close to someone this happens. They get hurt or die because of me and only God knows if you're going to die Dahlia. Why is it always the ones I love that get hurt?" Dean shifted in the chair and he slammed his fist in its armrest. He looked at her with longing in his apple green eyes. " I wont let you die. You're funny, smart, pretty, tough and you love pie. You're everything I want in a girl and then some." Dean buried his face in his shirt trying to muffle the sounds of his gentle tears. "I've been strong for too long and I just can't take it. I've been tough and hard but I need love too." He wiped his face on the back of his sleeve and looked at her unconscious body. Something wasn't right and Dahlia didn't look too good.

Dean went up to her and felt her forehead. It was cold, ice cold and clammy.

"Are you flippin kidding me?" He sighed exasperatedly. He went out of your room and returned moments later with a heaping pile of blankets in his arms. He piled them on top of her, cocooning her in a bundle of wool. He returned to bedside chair and sat down, playing with his thumbs. Sam walked into the room and stared open-mouthed at Dean's tear streaked face.

"Dean?" He said quietly "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Sam but Dahlia isn't. She's clammy and cold and running a fever. Is there anything we can do?"

"Not really, just keep her warm." He started to leave but paused at the door. He swivelled his head and looked directly at Dean.

"Don't waste your chance. She might not live Dean." Sam left the room and Dean turned back to look at Dahlia's sickly unconscious form. He placed the back of his hand on her forehead and noticed how hot she was and how much she was shivering.

"I've already given her all the blankets we have." He said "What else can I do to warm her up?" At that very moment Sam's words found their meaning.

"This might be the only chance I have. Even if you die, I can still spend this moment with you Dahlia." Dean stood up, got off of the chair and sat on the edge of the bed.

He swung his legs over and wiggled under the covers so that he was pressed up right against her back. Tentatively he put his arm over Dahlia's unconscious body and he whispered something in her ear.

"Dahlia if you can hear me, you're a very special girl. You're special to me. No girl has ever made me feel this way, that is until I met you. Dahlia don't die, I need you in my life." He moved his mouth away from her ear and placed his head by the back of hers so that he was Inhaling the scent of her coconut shampoo.

He laid there for many minutes and eventually he fell asleep, his calloused hand entwined with Dahlia's clammy hand.

-))))))))))))))))))))))))()())))))))))))))))))

How about them feels guys.

Just letting you know that I entered this into the Watty Awards. So we'll see how I do.

Don't forget to like, comment, share and follow if you want too.

Kathryn

P.s. I adore Dean on the show. How many of you do?