O N E

A soft breeze ruffled through her light amberish blonde wavy hair as she leaned back in a lawn chair having taking some attempt at tanning her pale from winter skin. She didn't like the paleness winter left; it made her skin look kind of ghost like and almost resembled... death. The thought made her shiver despite the warm breeze that tickled her skin.

"Kori!" A voice yelled, and she picked it out to be feminine.

"What, Mom!?" Kori yelled back, as she sat up from the reclining lawn chair wearing a soft yellow, very pale it was but the yellow was identified by the fact her skin was pale, bikini. She let her hair fall down her back as she then stood up, padding over with bare feet across the green, somewhat yellow, grass of the backyard towards the deck. Her mother came out just as she touched her toe to the first step.

"There you are...." Her mother said and put a hand to her chest, over her heart. "I was calling you and you weren't answering... someone's on the phone for you."

Kori trudged up the rest of the way, before taking the portable house phone from her mom's outstretched hand, and then turned away as she put it to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Kori, girl! Are you busy?" Another feminine voice said to her from the other line, none other than her best friend, Daiz.

"No, I'm not?" She asked questioningly, though tanning was busy work. "Why?"

"Oh..." Daiz said and Kori imagined that she was twirling a lock of of her auburn hair around her finger; just knowing this was going to be one of her ideas. "I was just thinking .... we could... yah know, hit the park or something."

"Lies. You want to take me to that male strippers that are new in town." Kori hissed matter-of-factly, having seen something about it not too long ago.

"Kor, why in God's name would I ever do that?" Daiz said in mock surprise.

Kori laughed. "I know you.... "

"Damn, you do." Daiz said with a sigh of defeat, then put up in her defense. "But you know they're going to be hot and you'll want to touch that manly heated flesh of perfection, when you go and --"

"Stop there, Daiz." Kori said and felt herself blushing. Yes, her friend hit it right on top of the nail. "But you do too!"

"Hell yeah, girl, maybe even bring one home, or at least his number." Daiz said with a light chuckle.

Kori sighed before glancing towards the house, her mom had long disappeared inside. "Who else is going?"

Daiz snorted. "I only got two tickets so just you and me."

"Fine."

"Yay! I'll be there in ten to help you pick a good outfit!" Then the line went dead before Kori could respond.

She brushed her hair from her face before going back inside, and put the phone on the counter.

"So? Who was it?" Her mother inquired as she cut up apples, for what Kori guessed was apple pie.

"Daiz. She's coming here..in a few."

"Oh. Okay, I always liked Daiz." Her mom muttered in a off manner which made Kori give her a lingering, curious look before she then headed up to her room.

Kori plopped down after the climb to nearly the loft and sighed. Male strip club..... Daiz really had some weird tastes.

Soon enough to energetic, black haired, and blue eyed, Daiz ran up the stairs and nearly jumped on Kori with a hug. "I am happy we're doing this!" She squealed and Kori pushed her back with a forced smile.

"I know..." She stood and turned towards her closet, only to have Daiz jump and run to it first, rifling through her dresses before pulling a slim straight, cowl neck, white dress out.

"A definite." Daiz said and smiled, white teeth shining through with her nicely tanned skin.

Kori groaned. "But white --"

"No buts..."

"--without a tan --"

"You'll look sexy." Daiz said and shoved the dress at her. "Get dressed, we need to go soon, it starts once night falls..."

Kori looked outside to see it only barely early night, five thirty at best.

"I want to be there early! They serve dinner before the stripping! By the strippers!" Daiz said, when she noticed Lori's glance outside, and went back to the closet, pulling out a nice pair of silver, strappy, inch and a half heels.

Kori sighed again inwardly so her best friend didn't notice, while taking the heels and dress.

Inwardly, she knew she was going to regret this.
****