Chapter One: Brave Awakening

It's warm and cold, a unlikely combination bright and dark another weird combination how frightening, it feels like laying in the grass under a grand tree in the middle of the night In the summer. My body is sore and my eyes are trying their hardest to flutter open, my hands can feel the softness of the grass and the growing discomfort of realization, my body won't just be sore but itchy and dirty,how inconvenient one small act of just lying on the grass can affect so many things . Siting up wasn't pleasant but had to be done, my eyes adjusted to the darkness only to look up to the big bright ball of light, a beautiful sight to see with the background filed with shimmering stars shining brightly but the moons spotlight could never be taken for right now it seems to be positioned at its highest point. My ears strain and listen to the deafening sounds of crickets among all things,I don't seem to be able to look anywhere but the night sky waiting for something, my ears heard it, my brain takes a moment but it registers, I look about and around for someone who whispered all but two words " Y/N Brave" the voice was warm and soft one of a older man with lots of knowledge with an accent I can't place. Atlast the voice continues " To those in need be brave and see, trust in you and see what you can do " What ? It's almost like it's the moon talking to me ha I must be going crazy. crazy,  thing is I don't know my name or who I am, now that I think about it, what do I look like? Now that I look away from the sky it's come to my attention that I am in the middle of a clearing in the woods, everything is green and the trees look to be like large Christmas trees with pine alone the grassy dirt floor. I move to my hands and knees to get from my sitting position to a stand, there are various small puddles along the floor and the trees are wet it seems to have just rained,weird that the spot I was layed upon was dry, I move to a medium sized puddle that was near to look at my features. I'm bear footed with black rolled up shorts with dirt spots on my knees and the back of my legs had wet grass splattered among my skin,my top consisted of a F/C T-shirt that was a little oversized, my hair was H/C with grass and small twigs tangled in various spots, my eyes were a beautiful E/C with smooth S/C. I ran my hand through my hair  to help get the knots out and using the puddles reflection of me to pull out the small twigs and random displayed leafs and such. After struggling and eventually giving up on fixing my hair, I walk alone what seems to be a man made trail that has been walked on many times but not recently only to get a few feet from the clearing to just bearly catch in the corner of my eye to see laying inside a hollowed out tree with a great amount of wood,rotting from many years of water splashing in undesired areas,might I add their stood a metal like staph with black like engravings in an intricate display.The black looked to be a smooth onyx, I can only explain the detailing on the staph as a light floral pattern with small vines, the staff itself was unreachable without sticking my hand into the hollow tree the act It self doesn't bother me but what lies inside of the tree is unknown for it is cover in spider webbing of an unknown spider I can't see, if I were to reach my hand inside I may touch it and get bit what would I do? nobody is in radius to help me and if the spider were to be poisoned I could die. I have two options grab the staff and possibly get bit or leave it but then using my great think skills I broke a branch from the tree and moved all the cobwebs grabbing the staff without a problem, the staff itself was as tall as me with about a six inch slit on the right side, all I could think was theirs something missing, and it probably has something that  attaches to said slit, looking into the dark of the trunk unfortunately since it was so dark I couldn't see well or use a stick effectively to rid of the web or anything larking, pushing the fear of the unknown into the back of my mind I felt along the bottom of the trunk. I cut my fingers and nicked small scratches along my wrist and hand from the rough edges of the bark and what appears to be a metal blade, it's thick and light, a color unseen thanks to how dark it is. Figuring out how to put the blade into the staff was fairly easy I think the most difficult part was aligning it due to the darkness and how much my hands hurt from being sliced in a few places, fortunately I know the blade and staph or now assembled scythe is now splatter with my blood, the cuts honestly really sting and I may have a few splinters. Walking along the path through what seems to be an endless array of trees and nature, the moonlight lighting my way, after some time I come across what appears to be.
This chapter is 952 words