Comptus Announces 10-Person National Team Lineup for 'Summoner's War'

Korea-Japan Supremacy Match

Comtus (CEO Lee Ju-hwan) has announced the lineup of national teams that will compete in the Summoners War: Arena of the Heavens (Summoners War) Korea-Japan Supremacy Match, a rivalry match between Korea and Japan.

The lineup was finalized after two rounds of qualifying tournaments in each country. Comptus selected participants based on their performance in World Arena Season 24, and held qualifiers in Korea on the 15th and 22nd, and in Japan on the 16th and 23rd.

The qualifiers featured a best-of-three double-elimination tournament to determine the winner. In Korea, ZZI-SOONG, the top qualifier from last year's Summoners War World Arena Championship (SWC), and SINIYAP, who also participated in SWC2022, won the first day's qualifier, followed by SCHOLES and BLACK, who joined the team through the second day's qualifier.

In the Japanese qualifiers, veteran MATSU and rookie KANITAMA, who have consistently competed in SWC, including reaching the SWC2018 World Finals Quarterfinals, earned their spot in the lineup in the first qualifier, followed by KAMECHAN and TOMOYA.

The players selected through the qualifiers were given an advantage based on their SWC2022 performances in both Korea and Japan, joining first-timers DUCHAN and YUMARU in the SuperMatch.

The main event, where the teams will face off against each other, will be held on May 20 in Japan. The team that emerges victorious will receive $10,000 (approximately $13 million), and the players who are named MVPs from both countries will each receive $1,000 (approximately $1.3 million).

Both team lineups feature a stellar roster of established players from previous global esports competitions, as well as up-and-coming talent, and players are eagerly anticipating what to expect in the main event.

Prior to the main event, Comptus will release a series of videos on its official YouTube channel, including highlights from the qualifiers, showing both teams preparing for the national championship. It is expected that users will be able to enjoy watching the delegations take profile pictures and hold strategy meetings as they prepare to become the strongest team representing their respective countries.

한국야동