f o r t y - s i x

DON'T YOU NOOOTICE HOWWWW I GET QUIET WHEN THERE'S NO ONE ELSE AROUNDD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

giyuus' fever had finally went down, thus he was allowed to go on the mission assigned to him tonight. "if you start feeling unwell again, come back okay?"

"i'll be fine," the pillar stated, slipping his other hand through the sleeves of his mismatched haori. "oyakata-sama allowed me to end my patrol earlier today, so i'll be back around three."

you would be lying if you said you weren't worried for him. you wanted to tell him to take one more day off to rest, but you knew he wouldn't listen. opening the front door, giyuu stepped out, preparing to leave when he remembered something.

"ah. i forgot to take the report."

"what report?"

"i wrote it a few nights ago but then i fell sick so i didn't get the chance to give it to oyakata-sama."

"oh! i'll get it for you," you offered. "where'd you put it?"

"it should be in the drawer somewhere..."

you quickly made your way into giyuus' room and started searching for the folded piece of paper. you pulled the first drawer open but it was just filled with stationeries and ink bottles. the second drawer was full of papers, though they were all neatly stacked and organised. they look important, perhaps this is where he keeps the reports.

you picked up a random sheet of paper and unfolded it to check.

uhm, yeah why?

that was my mum and younger brother!!! :D damn ittt i should've stayed home that night... i missed my chance to see you :(

that woman was your mother? well, i hope she's doing better now. she looked very sick back then.

your mouth fell open when you realised what this was. "no way..." you picked up another random sheet of paper and read it too.

i know, i'm convinced there's something wrong with my crow. and i noticed it was your crow that sent me this letter last night. are you a demon slayer?

no i'm not, but my dad used to be one and he left his crow with me. may i get your name? if you don't mind :)

i don't share my name with strangers. i'd appreciate if we stopped exchanging lette-

"[y/n]? can you find it?" you jumped at the sound of giyuu's voice calling you from the living room. "y-yeah! hold on a second!" you yelled back, keeping the letters and searching the last drawer where you, fortunately, found the report.

once you handed giyuu the report, he thanked you and left.

it took everything in you to not go back into his room and look into the second drawer again. as much as you wanted to, you knew you had to respect his privacy.

but you were in disbelief. he kept the letters? you honestly expected him to have thrown them all away and not have them neatly placed in a drawer. you found yourself smiling like an idiot as you went back into your room.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

38.8°C

...

...

...

after spending so much time around a sick person, did you think you weren't going to catch the virus?