"What was that for?" He yells. Scar just makes a weird face I can't understand. X hums, somehow understanding what Scar said.

"What?" I ask.
"You'll just have to watch the movie.." Xisuma adds.

We rush back to our seats when we hear the principal's office door close. That means he's coming to check on us. I put my head down to make it look like I fell asleep.

"Where are Joel and Lizzie?" He asks. 

"I don't know, sir." Xisuma says. "Maybe they went to the restroom?"

"They weren't allowed to leave the room!" Mr. Rivera sounds angry. I'd hate to be Joel right now. 

"That's not our fault, sir." Xisuma continues. I lift my head up and look around the room, pretending to have just woken up. "How much time is left?" I ask. 

"Three hours." The principle responds. 

"Damn it." I mumble. Mr. Rivera leaves the room, muttering something about finding the others and we go back to talking. By 'we' I mean I take out my phone and play Minecraft pocket edition while Xisuma and Scar whisper about things in the back of the classroom. 

Moments pass and we hear something in the vents. All three of us look up in shock until a section of it collapses and it's just Joel. 

"Holy shit, dude!" I scream, "How did you get up there?"

"You're just like Bender!" X yells happily. 

"Told you I would be." Joel remarks. 

"Where did Lizzie go, Joel?" Scar asks, and Joel just simply explained that she didn't want to crawl in the vent so she stayed in the supply closet. "Well, are you going to get us out of here?"

"Hold on, are we going to just forget about the fact that Mr. Rivera came in here to check on us and when he saw that Joel and Lizzie were missing, he freaked?" I interjected. "You're screwed, Joel."

"He did?" Joel asked. Scar and I nodded in unison, "I'll tell Lizzie and try to think of a plan to set this straight and not get another detention. Any of ya'll wanna come with?" He continues.

"I'll go! I'd like to break the cycle" Xisuma says. Joel leads him to the stairwell and me and Scar watch as they climb the railing to reach the vent. Scar looks back down at his book and an uncomfortable silence washed over us. Or, at least it was uncomfortable for me. Scar seemed fine. 

I take my phone out again and start scrolling through Instagram, then TikTok, then YouTube. Finally, I decide to open up Twitter just to see what the current news is. 

I catch myself glancing at Scar every so often, and I don't know why. I guess it's because he's nice to look at, because I'd be lying if I said he wasn't. Maybe it's his hair, it is a nice shade of light brown and it frames his face perfectly, and falls just an inch past his shoulders. I would be kidding myself if I said I wasn't at least a little jealous. His eyes, too. They're a dull shade of green, but that's only because he's looking down. If he looked up, his eyes would be in the light, and they would return back to their natural brightness. 

Then I realize I'm staring and look back down to my phone. What the hell is wrong with me? 

Time drags along, every minute feeling like at least an hour. Xisuma, Joel and Lizzie come back, we get to eat, we play charades for a bit, and then it's back to sitting and waiting. 

"One hour left" Joel groans. "Might as-well be a whole day" X adds. 

"I'm bored" I whine. "This is boring. I'm getting out of here."

"Hold on, you're not supposed to say that. That's not an Andrew thing to do. You're supposed to be a good person, Joel's supposed to be the bad one." Xisuma says. 

"Keep your damn morals away from me. You're more like Abed from Community." I respond.

"Oh, so you know about Community but not The Breakfast Club? Community was practically based off of The Breakfast Club!" Xisuma begins to yell. Scar, however, interjects. 

"I love Community!" He says, "If this was Community instead of The Breakfast Club, who would we be?"

Xisuma and I look at each other, and he gives me a curious look. "Well," I start, "I'd be Troy"

"No you wouldn't." Xisuma interrupts me. He continues, "You'd be Jefferey. Joel would be Troy and Lizzie would probably be Abed since He's in love with her. I'd be Annie, upsettingly. And considering Scar's background, he'd be Britta."

"I think I prefer The Breakfast Club." Scar says, "I'd like to be anyone but Britta."

"And I'm not much of an Abed." Lizzie says. 

"Well, here's what I think. I'm Troy." I start, "Xisuma would still be Annie, Joel and Lizzie might as well be Jeff and Britta and since Scar's the weird one-" Xisuma gives me a weird look, "No offense" I add, "He's Abed." 

"You do know Troy and Abed are best friends right?" Lizzie says. 

I hum. "I meant personality wise, not relationship wise." Scar sighs and Xisuma and I give him odd looks. He just puts his head back down in response. 

"I'm getting out of here." I say again. "Anyone coming with?"

To my surprise, everyone nodded their head in agreement. And so, It began.

—————————————————————————————————————

Ehheheheheh can you tell i love cliffhangers