002

Once I get home I got into my bathing suit, well a bikini. The triangles were a bright colour of orange, the bottom was the same colour except the strands were black. I add a little white skirt over my bottom.

I take my white towel and my surfboard.

"you're going surfing without us?" JJ asks

"oh well you can come if you want, I was just going to clear my mind" I say

The comment of Milo just stuck in my head. And also the fact that JJ doesn't like me as more than a best friend.

"oh okay, well is it cool if I come in two minutes" He asks

"sure I'll wait for you, what about you John B" I say

"same as JJ" he says

They both go into John B's room to get changed. While I wait for them I look at pictures of my adoptive dad and John B with me.

Big John is not my real father, he adopted me because my parents were dead or so I thought. I was 4 so I don't know how it went down. I wish I could of asked BJ more about my parents but I didn't really understand at the time.

When I was 13 he told me I was adopted, well it was kind of obvious, My hair was black and I had green eyes. Anyways, he said that my parents were kooks, and that's all I really knew. But one day, before dad left to go on that boat that killed him, I heard him and John B talking about my parents. Dad said that my biological mom wasn't dead. And that's all I heard.

flashback.

I just finished my bowl of cereal, I took Fruity Pebbles, the best cereal.

After I wash my dishes, I was ready to go in my bedroom but I heard dad and john b talking.

"Im going to leave and if I don't come back I want you to tell this to Sofia. Her mom isn't dead, her dad-" He gets cut off by me opening the office door obviously on accident.

"euh hey dad, hey john b, I was just wondering if I could skip school today, I haven't gone surfing in a while and you know before the storm comes I would like to surf a little" I lie

"only today okay? If I find out during my business trip that you skipped more you're in big trouble young lady" dad says

"what?! That's not fair I never get to skip school!" John B says

"you can take the day off too John B, and quite honestly you never go to class" My dad says

"it's true, he always hangs out with jj" I say

"yeah, I do, I know you're jealous, cause you love him" John B says as he mocks me "Sofi and JJ sittin' in a tree k-i-s-s-i-"

"shut up JB" I say rolling my eyes

"ouuu do you have a little crush on Jj" my dad says

"not you too dad!!" I say "i'm leaving now, I think i'd rather go to school than listen to you" I say smiling

I leave the room and I see dad closing the door and locking it, going back to the conversation with john B.

Is my mom really alive? What does she look like? She must be a kook. I have to find out these informations.

End of flash back

I still wonder if I'll find her one day, I still haven't said anything to John B and he hasn't said anything about my mom. I don't think I'm ready anyways to know anything more for now.

They finally arrive and we leave the château.

"I'll race y'all" JJ says

"fine" I say

"alright" John B says

We start to run, I'm obviously last since John B and jj have longer legs than me. For instance, I'm 5'3, they are about 6'.

We start to surf and I try to get good waves.

"today the waves are shitty on the south side, lets go see figure eights side, maybe they have better waves there" I suggest

"sure" they say

Sometimes the waves aren't good on our part of the island so we have to move to the kook side.

"wow look at those waves!!" I say

Kooks don't surf, they golf and play tennis. They take boat lessons, plane lessons and stuff like that. You know rich people things.

We run to the waves and start to stand on our boards. I make a couple cool tricks, JJ tries but fails. He's probably one of the best surfers I know.

The group likes to tell me that I'm the best surfer, which I won't disagree I'm quite good in all honesty.