Jon Moxley - Friends (F)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Nope, I'm still confusion. He started avoiding me, not the other way around."

"Tatum, that man has feelings for you." she told me for the 2,987,439,872,347,389th time.

"Britt, knock it off. He doesn't."

"How is it that everyone else can see that the two of you are in love with each other but the two of you can't?"

"You're fucking goofy." I laughed.

I ... might have harbored feelings for Mox before but that stopped long before I made it to AEW. I met him in WWE and he left much before I did but we kept in touch. The two of us always clicked well together and we always hung out, even after he left WWE. Me coming to AEW after my contract expired just put us in constant contact with each other and one thing led to another and we started hooking up. That didn't hero me much in the emotional department but I was able to keep myself and my heart in check.

"I see it and so do your friends. Look, be discreet ... he's watching you right now."

Just to appease her, I lifted my arms over my head and pretended to stretch and I did catch him looking at me. When he noticed I was looking, he looked away and it all is throwing me off.

"So he was looking at me, it's not the first time." I argued.

"In denial!" she said before walking off when her boyfriend called.

For the rest of the day, I couldn't get Britt's words out of my head. I went home and showered, changed into jean shorts and a loose, over-the-shoulder shirt. On my way to Jon's, I stopped and got some snacks knowing that he'll order Chinese food because it's our thing.

I'm still more than a little bit confused by his sudden invitation to hang out. To my knowledge, he's been seeing Renee Paquette during this time. It did sting more than a little bit but we were just FWB and nothing more. That was one of the rules we established.

Just FWB

No catching feelings (I kinda broke that one)

Always keep it 100

If/ when we were to decide to end it we'd stay friends (he broke that one)

This was to stay between us (we made sure not to break this one)

Don't sleep with any of our close friends

At some point, we both broke a rule and now I don't know where we stand. Driving up to his house feels weird after not being here or speaking to him in weeks. I don't like not knowing where I stand with people, it makes me uncomfortable but such is life.

Normally, I'd just let myself in but this is a different time in our friendship, so I knocked. Jon opened the door and looked at me curiously.

"Why didn't you walk in? I left the door unlocked." he asked me.

"Wasn't sure if you wanted me to do that so I decided to play it safe."

"Right ... come in, Chinese should be here in 10 minutes. I got here later than I expected." he said.

"No problem."

I followed him inside and out of habit walked into the kitchen to put the drinks in the refrigerator. When I walked into the living room, I wasn't surprised to see the fluffy blankets or LED lights on. Jon takes movie nights seriously and has mood lighting to match every movie. He turns it into a movie experience each time. His surround sound system is also a thing of beauty.

"What are we watching tonight, Mox?" I asked, sitting on my normal loveseat.

"The Mummy, 1 and 2 if you're up for it." he said.