𝓦𝓮𝓲𝓻𝓭 | 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

"Mum you look so dressed up. Where are you going?" I asked. My mum was never the type to get dressed up. She used to when my Dad was around because he wanted us to be a picture perfect family. As soon as he was gone my Mum threw out most of the clothes she had. They weren't her. Through out their whole marriage she was playing a character and she wanted it to be gone.

"I um have a meeting with some lawyer who said they could help." She says organizing papers into different folders.

"Oh ok. Um I'm going to school now but call or text me if there are any up dates. I love you." I say giving her a side hug.

"I love you too."

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"So you guys are like in love now?" Arlo laughs at me. We were again not doing anything in science. The three of us told the teacher there was no way in hell we were touching and especially not dissecting a frog. She shook her head at us but I don't think she was actually allowed to make us do it. 

"Arlo do not laugh. Your just mad you can't pull literally anyone. Girls or boys." Nora shakes her head at him. "I think it's cute. You too are soulmates. I can feel it." Nora says giving me one of her motherly looks.

"Thank you." I say looking down a bit shyly.

"I just don't get couples. And I feel like we all forgot about the Jayla thing. Like did you ever actually ask her what happened between her and Gavin?" Arlo says shrugging his shoulders.

"Arlo! Stop being such a downer seriously." Nora says getting mad.

"It's fine Nora. I mean I actually never asked her what happened. I guess I got caught up in the drama with my dad I totally forgot about that. And nothing else has happened. Jayla is keeping to herself not bothering us so like should I even bring it up again?" I asked. I hadn't realized Jayla was being like really quiet. I hadn't seen her or should I say heard her from when she screamed after not making the team. 

"I say don't. Leave it in the past and don't restart it." Nora says.

"You guys are acting like it happened a month ago. It was like three days ago." Arlo says in disbelief. 

"Arlo what is wrong. Your acting so weird today. You're usually the one hyping everyone up." Nora says getting a bit more mad. I knew she just wanted him to support me and I had to agree. He was acting a bit weird and definitely not himself.  

"I just don't think you guys are seeing the bigger picture." Arlo says grabbing his stuff and leaving the classroom. The teacher gave us a look but we just shrugged our shoulders. She rolled her eyes at us not caring too much because there was only ten minutes of class left. 

"What bigger picture?" I asked looking confused at Nora.

"No idea. I don't think there is a bigger picture." Nora says. 

"I'll talk to him later. He never acts like this." I say continuing to think about what Arlo could possibly be talking about. 

"Yeah just give him some time to breathe. I think he probably knows something we don't." Nora suggests. I wouldn't be surprised if he did know stuff. He was like a detective.

"So does that mean Gavin was lying about the Jayla thing?" I asked Nora.

"I don't think so. If it was that serious Arlo wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut and he would spill immediately." Nora says packing up her binder.

"Yeah your right." I say trying to push away any anxiety and worries I have.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"Where is Arlo?" Gavin asks around halfway into lunch.

"I don't know. He was acting really weird in science." I say giving Nora a look not to tell him about.

"Oh well I have fourth with him. I'll see if he's still in a weird mood." He says.

"Oh you don't have to do that." Nora says a bit panicked. We don't know what is wrong with him and I doubt he would want Gavin bugging him.

"Why." Gavin asked, giving us both weird looks.

"I just want to talk to him first." I say.

"Uh ok. I'll just text you if he says anything unusual." Gavin says still confused why he can't help. 

"Well everything that comes out of his mouth his unusual." Nora jokes.

"Don't me mean." I say but laughing a bit at her joke.

"it's not mean if it's the truth." Nora says shrugging her shoulders and shoving more food in her mouth. 

"Are you gonna say anything to him in art?" Gavin asked Nora. 

"I'm not gonna go. Just don't feel like it." Nora says. 

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯