Chapter 54 | I packed you a sweater

ᴍᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ

I was never good with grief

I was never good with grief. And having to relive it today sounded like my worst nightmare. So at 4am I find myself awake staring at the ceiling.

Hayes's arms turn and pull me against his chest. His hands cup my breasts as he sleeps and I feel his dick hard against me. I scoot back rubbing against him slightly.

He groans in his sleep liking the sensation. Then I move again to lay straight up on my back. His eyes slowly open to see my wide awake ones.

"Princess what's wrong?"

He could read it on my face and my wife awake eyes, "Just thinking about dad and next week... his birthdays today" His fingers drift to my face tucking strands of hair away. I felt the warm silent tears roll down the sides of my face as I laid.

"I'll be there every step of the way to hold your hand next week and today" He leans in and presses his lips to mine.

"Ow!" He pulls back from my words worried he's hurt me. He stares at my lips confused.

"What happened, are you okay I-" I reach for his hand an place it over the spot. My eyes bubble within a matter of seconds.

I felt it, I felt our little baby kicking. Then the same kick happened again and Hayes went wide eyed looking over at me.

"Is that the baby kicking?" I felt the tears escape my eyes as I nod. He pulls my lips to his again as we process. He glides his finger across my stomach trying to get them to do it again as he stares in amazement.

"Did they really just kick?" Excitement and curiosity fills my voice. We hadn't gotten to this part of the pregnancy yet and it had been the most exciting.

An alarm blares startling me as I grip Hayes's arm. He groans as he reaches for his alarm shutting it off, "We have to start getting ready for our flight" He removed himself from the bed and pulled away the covers.

I attempt to clutch them as they get farther away. He knew me all too well, my lack of being able to escape from the comfort of the bed.

Unfortunately, I lift myself up and out from the cover and within an instant I find my hand clutched over my mouth.

Brushing past Hayes my knees hit the tiled floor as anything that remained in my stomach from the night prior exits my body. I feel my hair being pulled back as I continued this morning charade.

Morning sickness had become my recent enemy. I was confused because in most women, it occurs within the first eight weeks. But instead at 15 and 16 weeks, I find my knees glued to the ground each morning.

I wipe my lips with toilet paper and stand slowly flushing the toilet, "This is awful" I groan as I press my face against his chest. "I think your family is going to know I'm pregnant."