Chapter 5: A Familiar Stranger

It was a busy day at AONA Restaurant, much to Aona's delight, and Kamon and Misuru's dismay.

The 2 waiters kept running around the restaurant, trying to not make any customers wait as much as possible.

"Order, please!"

Kamon: Yes! Please wait a moment!

Needless to say, it was a normal and peaceful day today.

Skip time a bit...

Finally, in the afternoon, the amount of customers had died down.

Aona: Great job today, you two. I'll make lunch for you guys, so wait up a bit, okay?

Misuru: Bzz bzz, gotcha

Yuki Washimura, a true foodie B-Shot, was still at the restaurant gleefully eating his dino-size meal.

Misuru: Man, look at him go...

Kamon: He really does have a black hole for a stomach

Yuki: 10 more, please!

Kamon, Misuru: ARE YOU SERIOUS!?

It was a very lively day as usual at the restaurant.

In the distance, outside of the restaurant, there was a beautiful tall and slender woman. She was watching everyone from the window that gave a clear angle-view from where she was.

"Fu~! He's right! He is an interesting one. Well, if he trusted him enough to get through this, then I have no reason to not trust him either. Fu~!"

And with that, she disappears into the shadows.

Skip time, evening...

Finally, after a long and tiring day, the Grand B-Master's day was finally over, and he went to his room and opened his phone.

When he turns off airplane mode, his inbox is filled with messages, mostly from his relatives (cousins to be exact), and a few friends from abroad. Also a few spam messages from unknown numbers, trying to promote him some weird products or anything of the sort.

But 1 name from his contacts stood out the most from the river of contacts.

Tsubaki Ryugasaki.

Tsubaki is one of Riki's older cousins from his mom's younger brother. He met Tsubaki by pure coincidence when she came to Crestland with her then-fiancé (now husband), Katashi Akiyama, and came to the restaurant, and became good friends with Aona. She and his sister exchanged contacts, and she exchanged her contact with him too.

He and Aona even went to Tsubaki and Katashi's wedding as well because they got invited, and the last time he heard from her was that she got pregnant last month, and that was it.

To be fair, they never really talked to each other. They're just acquaintances because he is friends with her cousin, and a younger brother to her friend. So when he saw the notification that she had messaged him, it really surprised him.

At first, he thought it was a glitch or a lag. His phone did have such problems multiple times, and similar things like this aren't out of the ordinary for him.

But, when he checked the message, he was surprised that it was actually a message from her, and not some sort of lag.

-

Tsubaki Ryugasaki
Heyya! Sorry to message you all of a sudden. I just wanted to inform you about the mail I sent to your address, and I hope you can pick it up. I messaged Aona, but she didn't read my message, so I hope you can do it instead. It should already be in the mailbox now. Thank you, and sorry, Kamon!
-Tsubaki