Iolanthe Potter Chapter #15

Start from the beginning

"Good move," Moody commented, "trying to save the others would only put her in danger. The merpeople seem to be leaving them alone, but one wrong move, and there's a battle.

"Honestly," Lydia says, "I'd probably try saving them all."

"You're a reckless, noble gryffindor," Lily says, "no wonder you would. Your daughter seems to have some common sense."

"You're also a noble, reckless gryffindor," Lydia points out.

"But I'm not a variable in this equation," Lily smirks, "I never tried putting myself in her situation. You did."

As Benjy came to, Iola immediately cast the bubblehead charm on him. She wasn't sure how the spells the judges had put on worked, and wasn't going to leave her cousin, no, brother's safety in possible jeoprady. "We need to get to the surface," Iola spoke, he voice garbled because of the gills and water. She looked mournfully at the captives she was leaving behind. Cho Chang, the stunning asian beauty, a small girl who closely resembled Fleur and was likely the younger sister the former spoke often and fondly of, and a familiar dirty blonde boy. Steve Willow was a mysterious boy. A year older than her, Steve had a well known, strange relationship with Teddy. Teddy, his brother Robert, and his girlfriend, Annie, were all extremely protective over the 5th year student.

"Ascendio!" Benjy shouted, and his form shot up. Copying, Iola cast the spell, and she too got up.

"And the oyungest contestant, Iolanthe Potter comes up!" Bagman shouts, "her captive, Benjy Potter, is perfectly safe. Oh, and look he's saying something to the helpers at the surface."

"Iola will come up in a second," Benjy informs the people who rushed to dry him off, "the gillyweed hasn't worn off yet. It still has another twenty minutes at least."

"Very well," Madam Pomphrey, the medic on hand tutted, "she'll need these towels when she gets up." Sure enough, 25 minutes later, Iola was on the surface, Sirius helping her dry off. One minute after the hour was up, Cedric and Cho arrived on the surface, and everyone rushed to help them. Twenty minutes later, a sopping wet Teddy arrived, Steve clutched in his arms, bleeding profusely.

As the staff rushed to dry Teddy off, Teddy shouted, "First Steve!" As all the champions sat on the pier, Fleur was freaking out.

"My sister!" she kept shouting, "where's Gabrielle?"

"She'll be alright," Iola walks over to comfort Fleur, "I saw summoning runes on the poles by the village. The judges should be bringing her up to the surface any minutes."

"Excellent observational skills," Gideon Prewett decided to voice his opinions, "she'd make an excellent auror."

"I agree," his twin, Fabian, added, "although, judging from her attitude, if she'd ever join the aurors, she'd probably work for MACUSA."

"Fair enough," Gideon agreed, "but seeing as she's in England now, I rather hope some of our nephews can make an appearance."

"Merci!" Fleur shouted, flinging herself on Iola, "I've been so worried."

"Don't be," Iola mumbled, "they're bringing her up now."

With that, Fleur rushed over to her sister, leaving Iola to return to her father,

"You did splendidly," Sirius kissed his daughter on the forehead, "really hit the ball out of the field there."

"She did, didn't she?" Amelia joined the people at the pier, "they're announcing the scores now. Let's see how well she did."