𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜

Melanie got up from her couch and headed to one of her best friend's apartments. Her friend's name was Maria Flores. She lived in apartment 16 with her mom and dad. They were Mexicans that came to the United States in the 50s.

Maria opened the door as soon as Melanie knocked on it. "Hey Mel!" Mel is a nickname Maria calls her. "Hey!" Melanie walks in and plops down onto Maria's sofa. Then hears her friend's mom speak to her from the kitchen. "Maria, quién es esa?": Maria, who is that?

"Es Melanie mama!," Maria yells from the living room to the kitchen. Melanie turns her head away from the tv towards her friend. "Do you have any ice cream I can eat," she says. "Not at this moment but we can go get some from a nearby store, let me just get my wallet and we can go," the Latina says. "Kay Kay."

They head out the door and starts walking down the stairs. Then all of a sudden, Freddy, her neighbor/friend, comes up with a tanned boy with a bike in one hand and a suitcase in the other. Melanie and the boy lock eyes for a second and continues walking. Maria looks at Melanie and notices she is blushing a little bit. He was cute, Melanie thinks. "You ok Mel," Maria asks.

"Um yeah I'm ok," she replies. They finally get to the store and immediately goes to the ice cream isle and picks out a stawberry flavored ice cream. Meanwhile, Maria picks out a chocolate flavored one. Maria walks over to the cashier and pays for their ice cream. They walk out of the store in silence until Maria broke it. "So I saw you blushing at that boy who walked pass us. Do you like him?"

"Well I thought he was cute but I haven't even talked to him so no," Melanie says while looking at Maria grinning at her. "Ok whatever you say but I think you do," she says giggling. Melanie rolls her eyes. "Shut up."

They both get back to Maria's apartment and start eating their ice cream. Then, the two friends hear a doorbell ring. Maria sluggishly gets up from her chair she was eating in and walks over to the door. Melanie watches as Maria opens the door. There stood Freddy Fernandez. "Hey! Maria," he greets. "Hey Freddy how are you doing," Maria leans in for a hug. "Good," Freddy looks behind Maria and looks at Melanie. The Flores teenager invites him in. "Hi Freddy,what are you doing here," Melanie says. "Oh I just wanted to tell you that there is a beach party tonight. Wanna come?" Maria and Melanie both look at each other and nod. "Yeah, sure we can go," Maria says. "Great it starts at the end of the day. Also, I invited the new kid to the party." "Oh ok see ya there," Melanie waves goodbye and then Maria closes the door as Freddy walks out.

"Ya think the new kid is the boy you were blushing at?" Maria asks as she continues eating her ice cream. "I assume it is because I've never seen him here before in this dump so yeah."

"Ok well I'm going to pick out a swimsuit to wear," Maria says putting her ice cream in the freezer. "Ok", Melanie says as she does the same. "Bye," the Campbell girl says.

She leaves and goes back to apartment 19 where she lives. The brunette sees her mother on the couch watching tv. "Hey hon," her mother greets. "Hey! I'm going to a beach party later on with Maria and maybe Ali. Ali Mills was another best friend that her and Maria shared. They were like a trio whenever they are together.

"Ok don't get into any trouble," her mother warns as she turns her head back to the tv. Melanie walks to her room to find any swim wear in her closet. She finds the perfect one and starts getting ready.

Hey! Just in case you were wondering where Melanie's father is at. Just pretend he is on a business trip. Ok hope you enjoyed this chapter.