"Hi," I laughed awkwardly. Raven just shook her head.

"So what are we doing?" Cupid asked.

"We're trying to find the real Storybook of Legends so Raven can sign," Apple said.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you do that," Briar interjected.

"Briar?" Apple gasped.

"If you find the real book, that means I'm going to lose you all," Briar's voice was full of sadness.

"Briar, maybe we can find another-" Ashlynn was cut off.

"Raven, no!" Briar shouted as Raven dove into the book. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands.

"I'm sorry, Briar," Apple apologized before following Raven. One by one, we all dove into the book. Once we entered the book, the world around us became a pink and purple vortex. We were falling quickly and I screamed at the fast approaching ground. We landed at the center of a circle of books. The floor was made of book pages, words scrawled on them that we couldn't read.

"Woah, what is this place?" Cupid sat up quickly.

"This is amazing," I stared in wonder at the world around us.

"Look at all the writing," Cedar pointed out.

"I think we're inside the book," Apple said. I moved my hand through the golden light.

"Maddie, are there any more clues left?" Raven asked.

"'A chapter for all to live and survive with a page of the answer and come out alive'" Maddie recited. "The books! There are nine books."

"And there are nine of us," Ashlynn put together. Apple gasped.

"It sounds like a page from the real Storybook of Legends is hidden in each of these books," Apple said happily.

"But how do we know which story is ours?" Cedar asked.

"We don't," Raven said grimly.

"I guess there's no going back," Briar said as we walked to the book closest to each of us. I grabbed the pages of my book as they glowed a bright golden light.

"One," I said.

"Two," Raven continued.

"Three!" we all said as we entered the books. When I opened my eyes, I was walking down a large marble staircase. I was wearing a sky-blue ballgown and was missing a shoe. I gasped as the clock tower began to ring.

"Wait a spell, I'm in Ashlynn's story!" I looked back at the staircase to see a scroll tucked neatly into my missing shoe. "My page! I need to get it before the clock strikes midnight!" I kicked off my remaining glass slipper before hiking up my dress and bolting for the stairs. I took the steps two at a time, my adrenaline fueling my sprint. Castle guards began to appear at the top of the stairs and the clock had rung about six times already.

"I need to hurry!" I pushed myself even faster before I threw myself at the shoe. I grabbed the page just as the clock struck twelve and was transported back to the circle of books. Breathing heavily, I leaned against my book. Cupid suddenly appeared back in the circle.

"(y/n), you are definitely not a damsel in distress," she laughed. More people showed back up such as Raven and Briar.

"Raven you made it!" Maddie hugged her tightly.

"Briar," Raven called out. Briar had a traumatized expression. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, Raven. I had no idea," Briar apologized.

"Wait a spell, where's Apple?" Blondie asked. We all looked around hoping to catch sight of the blonde.

"Briar's is the only book left!" Ashlynn noticed.

"So, if Apple has my story, and she fell asleep, she won't be able to find her page!" Briar panics. "I have to help her!"

"Briar wait! It's too dangerous," Raven grabs Briar's arm.

"Let her go, Raven," I advise.

"I have to! She's my best friend!" Briar dives into the book as the rest of us look on in shock.

"You know someone had to, Raven," I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow.

"But that's Briar's story. She could fall asleep too!" Raven argues.

"Apple didn't know what she was getting into, Briar does. She'll be fine," Raven falls silent at my comment. We watch the book with increasing anxiety. A minute passes before Briar and Apple appear in a flash of light. Briar hunches over Apple who appeared to be asleep.

"Briar did it!" Ashlynn cheered.

"Apple? Apple! Wake up, wake up!" Briar shakes Apple.

"You, you saved me," Apple's eyes flutter open. The book returns us to Heritage Hall now that we had retrieved the pages.

"We need to bring these back to Giles," Raven says as she walks to the exit. I hand my scroll to Cupid.

"Take mine. I have something I need to do," I tell her. She smiles in understanding. Once she accepted, I ran out of the hall and back to the bookball field where the game was ending. The score was ninety-nine to ninety-nine as I took my seat in the stands. Cerise was on the field now as well.

As the whistle blew, Cerise grabbed the bookball before sprinting down the field. She was nearly at the endzone before one of the giants grabbed her. She bit the giant's hand, making him drop her, before sprinting down the field again. Cerise scored a touchcrown, winning the Thronecoming game for Ever After High. The boys lifted her on their shoulders as the crowd cheered. I quickly walked down the bleachers and made my way to the sidelines. Sparrow was out from under the table and joined the rest of the team. I whistled and cheered in support of my boyfriend's win.

He heard my cheers and looked over, a wide grin on his face. Sparrow ran over to me, scooping me into his arms and spinning me in the air.

"We did it, (y/n)," he laughed. I wrapped my arms around his neck, burrowing my face into his shoulder.

"Congratulations," I smiled before giving Sparrow a passionate victory kiss.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

|1500 words|

One chapter left! I can't believe this story is almost over. Don't worry, though, I'm starting a Roxanne Wolf x Reader story you can find on my profile

- Quartz