~⊘⊘Ӡ~

(y/n) = your name

(h/l) = hair length

(h/c) = hair color

(s/c) = skin color

(e/c) = eye color

Italics = thoughts

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

Sparrow's POV:

"Sparrow Hood please report to Headmaster Grimm's office immediately," a female voice said over the loudspeaker.

"What?! Me?!" I shouted at the speaker.

"Yes, you," the voice responded.

"Not cool, man," I muttered under my breath before heading to the Headmaster's office. Me, Tucker, and Jonah had been hanging out in Tucker's dorm practicing for the band. I swear if Grimm is giving me detention for another noise complaint, I'm gonna send him not so happily ever after. While walking down the hall, most people avoided me, but I did hear something about some new transfer student. Ever After High doesn't usually get new students, let alone transfer students, so this was especially surprising. The lunch bell also rang, meaning I was missing the majority of lunch for whatever Grimm wanted to talk to me about. Getting to Grimm's office, I didn't even knock before entering. Throwing myself into a chair, I rested my feet on his desk.

"What's up HMG?" I asked smirking. Grimm scoffed, pushing my legs off his desk. I settled for propping my right foot up on my left knee instead. Crossing his arms, Grimm began to speak.

"We have found a young lady to play the part of Maid Marian in your story," he said bluntly. My face dropped, shock evident in my eyes.

"What do you mean you 'found someone'?" I asked, slightly glaring at Grimm.

"An eligible girl from one of our sister schools didn't have a destiny. We figured she'd fit perfectly here," Grimm replied, staying calm.

"So she's being forced into this? Like how I'm being forced into my destiny?" My voice continued to raise, I was practically yelling at Grimm now.

"You will not yell at me, Hood," Grimm warned. I shut my mouth and refused to look him in the eyes. "Her name is (y/n) Ever. You will both sign the Storybook of Legends and get your happily ever after. Do I make myself clear?" Grimm narrowed his eyes.

"Yes sir," I mocked. Grimm gave me another warning glance.

"Good," he said, "you may leave now." I got up and left, slamming the door behind me. On my way to the castleteria, I thought about the new girl, (y/n).

How does Grimm expect me to literally rule a kingdom with some girl I've never even met? I thought. I don't want my destiny, and now some innocent person has to be dragged into it. Even if I did want my destiny, what if she's a total witch? My walk to the castleteria was mostly silent since most students were already there.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

I finally get to the castleteria, immediately going to my normal table where Tucker and Jonah are already sitting. I slump over the table, Tucker and Jonah looking at me and then back at each other.

"You good man? Was Grimm really that upset about the noise?" Tucker asks. Jonah just pushes his food around on his tray.

"It wasn't the noise," I drag my hands down my face. "Grimm recruited some girl to be my Maid Marian." Jonah drops his fork and Tucker looks at me with an unreadable expression.

"Actually? Someone really agreed to marry you?" Jonah jokes. Tucker snickers and I roll my eyes.

"But seriously, does this mean you have to follow your destiny now?" Tucker asks while simultaneously ruining the playful mood.

"Yes? No? Maybe? I hope not. There's no way in ever after someone I've never even met could make me change my mind about not wanting to follow my destiny." This whole situation is just too complicated, especially with it being Legacy Year. I wish I had more time to figure this out.

"Well it has to be the new girl, right? The one sitting with Apple?" Tucker asks.

"Did Grimm give you her name?" Jonah adds on.

"He said her name was (y/n), (y/n) Ever. And she's sitting with Apple?! That's royally uncool of her. Apple sucks." Of course, the girl I'm supposed to spend happily ever after with is friends with the stuck-up spoiled princess that is Apple White. This probably means (y/n) is dead set on following her newly discovered destiny, too.

"She's sitting over there man, right across from Maddie. It looked like she was staring at you when you walked in, too." Jonah nudged me, giving me a devious smile. With that, I looked over to her table and saw (y/n) sharing tea with Maddie and her dormouse. Her (h/l) (h/c) framed her (s/c) face, a smile curved upwards. Maddie's dormouse, Earl Grey, was sitting in her hand, snuggling her fingers. She laughed at something Cupid, who was sitting beside her, said. As I observed her, she looked over at me, my eyes locking with her bright (e/c) ones. A blush rose on her face and she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear while turning away, quickly glancing back at be. I looked back at Tucker and Jonah, my own face getting warmer when I saw their smirks.

"What?!" I quickly got defensive.

"Oh nothing, nothing. Just a little thing that starts with (y/n) and ends with Ever." Tucker leaned on his hand. My face probably got redder at his comment

"Someone's got a little crush~" Jonah sang. "What happened to still not following your destiny 'cause of a girl?"

"I'm not changing my mind!" I defended. "She's just kinda, I don't know..." I trailed off.

"Cute? Pretty? Totally hot?" Tucker continues on. I look back at (y/n). She's still blushing while Apple seems to bombard her with questions. She shifted in her seat, seemingly uncomfortable with Apple. Cupid runs a hand down her back to reassure her.

"No, something about her is just," I turn back to the guys, "something just draws me in."

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

|1003 words|

We've got Sparrow's POV now and how he feels about his destiny. I promise to officially introduce (y/n) and Sparrow to each other, I just have a few ideas on how and need to pick one. For now, don't forget to vote, and thanks for reading!

- Quartz