To Catch A...Trollhunter? Part Two

Start from the beginning

And Steve, well, he was the only one around. Perfect.

Now, he held Jim in his arms, worry transforming his face as he continued to run. There were a couple of grunts from the Trollhunter as he was gently and on accident, tossed around but luckily Jim was awake.

His forehead was caked in blood and the only protection he had was, in fact, the armor and if he fell asleep, one, there was a big chance that he'd never wake up and two, the armor would vanish. This was upsetting because they had spent a hard amount of time just to try and clear the first cut on his forehead, but this time, it reopened and it was way larger in size than it had been before.

"Hold on Jim, we'll lose them," Steve muttered and silently cursed to himself. When Toby had filled in on the situation that Trolls couldn't be in the sun and Steve began to realize that is was dissipating quickly, he mentally swore. No, they wouldn't, the sun had set which had started the attack and it seemed like every minute, the Gumm-Gumms had nearly caught up to them.

If this moment wasn't so serious, I'd laugh at them for such an idiotic name. His mind wandered for a second.

Jim groaned, whimpering as he rolled his head against Steve's shoulder. Claire, Eli, and Toby have all been separated, the trolls splitting as well which didn't comfort Steve but he knew that there weren't as many trolls chasing them as he thought and perhaps he would run into the Trollhunters.

A sword whizzed past the pair, startling Steve. They were close and Jim was starting to get heavy with the armor. Steve shuttered, this was his fault. Jim was near to losing the battle of remaining awake, he had no way of reaching anyone for the matter because running for his life seemed more important than fumbling with a phone, and he had nothing but a stick to defend himself with.

Looking back, Steve's panic grew higher. There was no way to outrun them, somehow they had cut more distance between the two and he didn't know how much longer he could last before they were caught. However, as determination flooded through him, his eyes narrowed, and looked back at the Trolls. No matter what he chose, he'd still have to fight and the time was now, it was something he couldn't back down from.

Like Eli had warned him countless amount of times, it was too late to back out.

Steve quickly dashed to the right, laying Jim against a thick tree before arming himself with the stick he had been managing to keep a hold on during the chase. "Hold on Jim, I'm going to show these buttsnacks that they messed with the wrong man!"

Jim groaned, blinking his eyes quickly as he tried to regain focus. He had taken one look at Steve before glancing behind the blonde brute. In a flash, his arm reached for his thigh blades before he weakly tossed them at a troll, managing a strike and instantly turning the beast to stone.

Steve was shocked, and clearly, his face didn't plan on hiding it. However, there was no time to react over something like this and somehow make sure that he and Jim made this out alive and it was nothing easy especially since the Trollhunter, the only one who can really kill them, could barely keep his eyes open.

If anything, Steve could at least say he had one form of a weapon. Hit a stick hard enough, it could do a decent amount of damage, as long as it was thick enough. Luckily, the one that Steve was dragging around was a decent one, so he hadn't failed just yet.

His eyes set on the four trolls cornering him, the fire burning within him raged. He let out a loud battle cry, his eyes forming into a glare.

And then he swung.

----

Damn it, Jim. Claire cursed, jumping through another portal. She had been trying to track her idiotic friend who decided to run off with a head injury. Sadly, she hadn't found him after leaping in and out of portals so he had to be on the move. She had got distracted and cornered by numerous trolls, letting the Trollhunter escape her line of sight.