One

Simone

I threw away your
Love Letters, I
Thought it'll make me
Feel better, I
Finally got you out my bed
But, I still can't get you out my head
Ooh

"Simone, you know I love Summer just as much as you do, especially Session 32, but listening to this song on repeat isn't going to help you out in this situation."

My best friend Nate states, trying to ease my phone out of my hand, but I just gripped it tighter. Last night, well early this morning I received some of the worst news I didn't think I would ever receive, especially after I was told not to worry about anything. The man I thought loved me back just recently proposed to his so-called "best friend." A woman he told me I didn't have to worry about because everything between them was strictly platonic. Nothing more & nothing less. I guess I should've known that was a lie because I've heard that line many times before in the past, only this time I was foolish enough to actually believe it.

"But I love this song." I mumble as I feel the tears working back up.

"I know you do, hun but I think it'll be best if we changed the song."

I mumble out okay and take the song off of repeat. I scroll down my playlist and let Ann Marie's I Know Your Type play through my phone. As I wait for the lyrics I can hear Nate and our other best friend, Keisha scoff to each other.

"Si, when Nate said to change the song I believe she also meant the entire playlist. You know something more upbeat and to get you in a happy mood." Keish softly suggests.

"Well that's not what she said," I mock her tone before scoffing to myself.

"Well that's what she meant. So either change the playlist or I will change it for you."

"I'm not changing a damn thing. Y'all don't like my music then y'all are welcome to leave at any time."

"Now Simone you & I both know that we are not going to leave you alone, not at this time." Nate comments.

"When you start speaking French, Na?"

"Keisha, don't do that."

"No, don't she do that. I love Simone but she's acting like this is her first heartbreak with that boy. This is a repetitive thing and I am tired of her pushing away our help whenever we try to help her."

"Anger is one of the stages that people go through, Keish. Hell you and I have been in those stages before as well."

"You saying the word stages like she experienced a death loss. They've broken up with each other many times before, only difference now is it's a possible permanent one."

I groan under my breath and push my cover back to get out of the bed as they continue to argue back & forth with each other. If they weren't going to leave then I would do the honors. I go into my bathroom, lock the door and sit down on the stool that I have in there and continue to sing my heart out to Ann as I turn up the volume. Maybe that will get their asses to leave eventually.

"Simone!" They both exclaim. I continue to sing the lyrics to I Know Your Type without a care in the world.

"You know what, I'm with you Ke. I'm not about to waste my energy nor breath trying to help someone who doesn't want it. She will eventually talk to us when she's ready LIKE SHE ALWAYS DO!" Nathaniel shouts. I roll my eyes at her exclamation.

"Enjoy your miserable karaoke session, Si and holler at us when you're actually ready to socialize." Keisha replies.

"We love you!" They shout out.