Kid. (1/?)

Mun was nervously cleaning up the noodle shop. Today wasn't a regular day for a counter like him, because he was tasked to do something very different, and new to him; babysitting. He had never been in charge of young children before, but he was kind of excited, although a little nervous.

Ms. Chu, Motak, and Jangmul were going out for the night to meet with the Japanese counters who were visiting the country. Mun hoped to use that free time to go stay with his grandparents, but unfortunately, he cannot say no to an important request.

Doyun, a 7-year-old boy, was the son of Jangmul's friend. The old counter gave the task to take care of the kid for the evening to Mun and Hana since Doyun's parents were out that night.

Mun has had no experience with taking care of kids since he was always the one being taken care of. But kids are fun, their wide smiles and innocent laughter always lift Mun's heart up. He was relieved not to be alone on the job though; he had Hana by his side. He knew she had a younger sister in the past, so she has a lot of experience.

"This girl is good at everything," he sighed as they were closing up the noodle shop.

-

The two young adults were driving to Doyun's house. Hana seemed to notice how nervous Mun was. When there was a red light, she took advantage of her free hand to gently pat his; "it's just for this evening, it shouldn't be too draining," she tried to reassure her friend, although she also wasn't at ease.

The thing Hana was the most nervous about wasn't taking care care of the kid, but the fact that she was doing it with Mun. The two will act like parents for a whole evening.

Although she's tried to deny it for a long time, Hana has strong feelings for Mun, so cooperating with him to take care of a child is very, very, awkward and it doesn't really feel like normal babysitting.

-

They arrived to the house, the parents thanked them and gave them the momey. They weren't particularly strict, so Hana and Mun were kind of free to do anything with Doyun.

The kid had short, black hair and a bright smile. When Mun saw him, he let out a small "aww" and stroked his head. Hana looked at the two, realising how similar they looked. "Mun looks good being a dad," she thought to herself.

Hana took care of Doyun's dinner, a simple bowl of ramen was going to do. Mun went to the closest pizzeria to get two pizzas for him and Hana.

When he got back to the house, the two were waiting for him on the couch. Doyun had finished his ramen, and he was holding a bag of chips. "The little one told me his favourite movie was The Little Mermaid. They have a CD of it, so we could watch it." Mun nodded and sat down next to Hana, making her be in the middle.

At some point in the movie, Mun blindly put his hand in the bag of chips, but he accidentally grabbed Hana's hand because she was trying to take chips too. He looked at the girl and apologized with a nod. Hana just rolled her eyes, with slightly pink cheeks.

But what Mun didn't expect, was to accidentally enter Hana's memories.

It was in the noodle shop's dining room, Hana was talking with Motak. "You should tell him, I'm sure he likes you back," Motak told her. Mun frowned. "She likes someone?" He whispered. Hana got up and started pacing around the room. "Mun surely likes someone else but me. He's way out of my league! Look how strong and confident he is."

The boy snapped out of the memory, eyes shining with happiness. "She likes me back??" He thought to himself. He looked at Hana, who was concentrated on the movie. He smiled and got back to watching it too.