vi. the monster

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐝, 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐬

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐝, 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐬. 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐧."

; 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑
𝐚 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ;

"Nancy!" Jonathan yelled out, shining his flashlight all around them.

Dakota stood beside him, eyes scanning their surroundings. "Come on... Nancy! Where are you?"

If she answered, the boys couldn't hear her.

"Nancy!" Dakota repeated, getting more worried by the minute.

"Wait- Did you hear that?" Jonathan grabbed his arm.

He stopped and listened.

"Dakota!" They heard Nancy shout. It was faint and had an echo.

"Nancy, I'm right here!" Dakota yelled.

"Dakota, Jonathan!" She repeated.

"We're right here! Nancy!" Jonathan called. "Just follow our voices!"

"Jonathan!" Nancy screamed.

"Follow our voices!" Dakota tried to be louder, but his throat was starting to hurt. "We're here, right here! Nancy!"

They heard something to their left. "Nancy?" Dakota shouted as the two started towards the direction they heard. "What the hell..." He slowed to a stop in front of a tree. There was an opening covered in slime and it seemed to lead them into a darker place.

Dakota didn't hesitate when he saw it was closing slowly. He harshly dropped the bags he was holding, his axe falling to the ground next. Dakota's grip tightened on his flashlight as he crouched to the ground.

"Nancy...?" Dakota stared into the opening. "Nancy!" He shined his light into the darkness, hoping it would make it through the slime for the girl to see. "Follow my voice, Nancy!"

"Dakota..." Jonathan stood behind him, flashlight also aimed at the opening. "Careful."

"If she doesn't come out, I'm going in." Dakota said.