Chapter 14: Marked

Thankfully our protagonist was saved by a Yokai by the name of Yuki-Onna. She originally intended to only bring the male back to his home so she could keep him alive for longer as she preferred playing with her future prey and tormenting them. However, she underestimated how pathetic Y/n was as the male somehow, even with his human strength, managed to pull the Yokai into a tight embrace under the covers. For you see Y/n always had an affinity for the cold ever since a kid so naturally he was drawn to the cold touch of the female Yokai. Afterward, the male and the Yokai had breakfast together as a show of Y/n's gratitude for her saving his life. However, eating wasn't the only thing they did, they also engaged in a lot of flirting. What will they do now? Will Y/n encounter any more Yokai? Read to find out!

______

Y/n pov:

Yuki didn't spend much time with me after we finished up our breakfast, even though she had quite a flirtatious attitude, she was still very shy, and as quick as she finished the breakfast, the woman disappeared leaving no trace of her presence as if she had never even been here in my cabin.

The only thing that she left before disappearing into the snow-filled forests was some wet footprints all over the ground.

"I hope I get to see her again..." I whispered to myself as I couldn't help but remember our conversation from earlier.

However, my line of thought quickly changed as I remembered that due to my preparing quite a feast of breakfast earlier, my pantry was depleted of its contents which meant that I was left with nothing to cook for lunch or dinner.

"Damn it, now I gotta step outside again..." I muttered to myself, slightly frustrated due to my initial plans of staying inside all day and lazing around doing nothing.

The entire summary of my early teenage years.

Nevertheless, even with how frustrated I was, this did allow me to be able to do some souvenir shopping for Toshio and the family back home. Plus since there weren't any ingredients in my pantry to be able to make food, I didn't have much of a choice in the matter. I knew I had to go shopping or else I'd starve.

'The illusion of choice,' I thought to myself grabbing my winter coat and my wallet.

Stepping outside of my door, I was hit with the cold from the never-ending fall of snow. I was never going to get used to how cold this place was, it was as if I stepped foot on the coldest planet in the solar system, Jupiter.

'I've to remind myself never to go outside without protective clothing' I thought to myself, shivering due to the immense cold that I felt.

I soon found some insulation, however, as my face began to heat when I reminisced about what Yuki had said earlier, the suggestiveness of her actions, and the way she flirted with me.

Even though she was a Yokai who could manipulate snow and ice, she made me feel hotter than I've ever felt. The way she licked her fingers distracted me as I continued waking with the images of her flashing in my mind.

I had to concentrate now though.

I had finally arrived at the market and despite what you'd think with here being such a cold and ravenous place, it was a bustling and crowded marketplace, populated by many vendors who had stalls selling every and any kind of items. It was easy to get overwhelmed due to the sheer variety.

However, I already knew what I wanted.

I knew I had to pick up some souvenirs, this was my golden opportunity. Scanning the marketplace, I quickly picked up on the fact that most things being sold were at a steal of a price, perhaps it was because everything was produced and manufactured in this little village of theirs. I quickly bought some Furikake which had the designs of anime characters on them which were just the cutest. Afterward, I bought some paper fans which were adorned with the designs of flowers and trees. To finish off, I bought a wide assortment of manga that I found bundled up for a deal.