Introduction

Secret Lives of Americans deals with intimate secrets that if revealed can change lives.

The beauty of the series lies in the way each story resonates in our own lives even though the secret revealed is specific to the real life person who holds the camera in hand and turns its lens on himself, on herself to tell the story in their own words. Secret Lives of Americans examines how friendship, how true connection with others heals and builds hope. Each episode reaches beyond the secret revealed, rises above any sense of voyeurism and asks us, without ever posing the question as we watch, to examine the nature of intimacy in our own lives, to examine the nature of "other" in how we relate each day and to realize how blind we are if we think we know anyone's story in the changeable nature of the all too human that is existence.

I am honored to have been asked to preview Secret Lives of Americans. I feel privileged to have a glimpse into the nature of the personal revelations that reach beyond the story we see on the screen and that ask us to look into our own hearts. And if we look, we'll know that each of us has our own secret.

Tune in to Secret Lives of Americans this summer on Pivot TV. Fridays at 10:30p.m. ET/PT starting June 12.