"Why?"

"Doesn't matter. I'm gonna tell her either way, just give me more time."

Amyra sips on her Sprite for a moment. She twirls the black plastic straw around her drink as she leans back in her seat, her eyes narrowed at me. I know she is just taking her sweet time "thinking" to spite me, and well, she is doing one hell of a damn good job.

"Fine," she groans, setting her drink down on the table. "I don't see why you can't just tell her the truth if you guys aren't even together unless..." A smirk appears on her face, tilting her head slightly.

"You like her, don't you?" She narrows her eyes at me.

I shift in my seat, taking a sip of my drink.

"Poor you." A faux frown displays itself on Amyra's lips, making me roll my eyes. She was never like this. The girl I once was in love with had a heart of gold who would do anything to make anyone's day. Now, she puts on this facade that plays her out to be the school's sweetheart. "Better tell her soon before your feelings start to get in the way, Chris. It'll only make it worse for you. Oh, and it would suck for her to find out from someone else that her pretend-boyfriend and cousin had a past."

With that, she leaves the diner with the same smirk she had on when she arrived. I finish my drink before I, too, slide from the booth to go back home. Just then, I spot a silhouette looking right at me whilst standing by the bar counter with a paper bag filled with to-go boxes. Fuck. I clench my jaw in frustration, combing my hair back as I go in that direction. I didn't have much choice, my legs have a mind of their own.

"Hi," Bianca says, her lips in a thin line as she clings onto the brown paper bag. Her dressed in a simple black and white plaid pajamas similar to mine, and a light grey Gap Athletic, 1969 crewneck that fits her body loosely. She is wearing her glasses, which she has been wearing wearing more often instead of her contact lenses. Not that I'm complaining-I think she looks good either way. It's Bianca, for fucks sake.

"Hey," I say back. It feels like I just got caught cheating, but we are not even together. Yet, it still feels wrong.

"..."

"So..."

"We were just catching up," I tell her. I try not to cringe at the thought of me and Amyra talking like we're friends.

"Hm?" She pretends to act clueless, but knowing her, she knows the truth. Maybe I'm feeding into my delusions but I sense a hint of jealousy from her. Why? That, I do not know.

"Me and Amyra, we were just-"

"What about you and Amyra?" She says instantly, her doe eyes looking directly into mine.

Her eyes are like honey.

I never knew her eyes were this light of brown.

I smirk, my arms crossing over my chest. My eyes narrow at the girl in front of me as I notice her bite on her inner cheek. "You okay, sunshine?" Calling her 'sunshine' has become a habit of mine. It's not like I can control it, it rolls off my tongue naturally.

"Mhm," she nods, her lips returning into a thin line.

"Really?"

"Yup."

"I don't know," I say. "It sounds like you're a little jealous."

She scoffs. "I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous? Me? Please. It's too early to be joking."

I shrug, stepping forward so I'm not far from her as much. "Well, it didn't exactly bring a smile to your face."

"M'just trying to get home before the food gets cold. Speaking of which, I should get going." She exits the diner, the bell chiming as she steps out. I run my tongue along the inside of my cheek as a chuckle escapes me, trailing behind her without thinking twice. I reach for her waist, pulling her back gently, making her halt in her tracks.