___________________________________

It had been two days and Murtasim didn't return from his Gao. She had come to know that he spend most of his time there. And that made Meerab's new life a little less unbearable. She was looking after Dadi because Dadi wasn't feeling well that day, when Murtasim came back.

"Assalamualaikum Dadi." He said kissing his grandmother on forehead.

"Wa alaikum assalam. Mein bohot naraz hu tumse. Baat mat karna mujhse." Dadi said sternly to him. Though she was bedridden but her voice still had power. "Meri phool si bachchi kese murjha gayi hai." She gestured towards Meerab. Meerab held her breath wishing herself to disappear. She relaxed when he didn't look at her. "Apni nayi naveli dulhan ko akela is tarah chhod ke jate hain?"

"Mazrat chahta hoon. Ainda apki poti ko koi shikayat nahi hogi." He said to his grandmother. He cast Meerab a last glance before leaving the room.

____________________________________

Whole day was gone but he still didn't come to their room. Meerab wished he would have shifted to another room. But she knew that was wishful thinking. He wouldn't let her live in peace because she was his captive.

She was taking off her gold chain, which Dadi had given her. When she looked up after successfully unclasping it, she found Murtasim looking at her in reflection in the mirror. He was spellbound by her beauty. Meerab's heart skipped a beat being on recieving hand of his burning scrutiny. And she hated it. How could she react to a man who has no respect for her or her family. She was first to avert her eyes. "M.. main sone ja rahi thi. Agar apko bed par sona hai to mein sofe par so sakti hu. Mujhe koi pareshani nahi hai." She said wishing he wouldn't demand her to share a bed. Because she didn't know if she could endure that much.

"Nahi... Umm tum so. Mein sitting area me couch per so jauga. Wese bhi mein bohot kam Hyderabad mein rehta hu. To mujhe zyada koi diqqat nahi hogi." He said pointing to the small sitting area in the entryway. Meerab was relieved to hear that.

"Theek hai." Meerab moved to the bed waiting for him to leave her alone.

"I am sorry." Meerab heard him say. She glanced back over her shoulder. He was standing with his hands folded behind his back. His discomfort was visible on his face. She could tell he wasn't used to apologising. "Mein us din bohot zyada over react kar gaya tha. Lekin Meerab tumne ye shadi apni hosh-o-hawas me apni razamandi se ki hai. Is tarah chhup kar bhagna tumhe zaib nahi deta. Tumhe yaha jo bhi problem ho tum mujhe bata sakti ho. Biwi ho tum meri. Lekin chhup ke dhoka dene walon ke liye mere dil me zara raham nahi hai."

"Aur Jo dhoka apne Kiya hai?" Meerab asked. "Apne kaha tha Dad ko Karachi Jane denge agar me ruk jaugi to. Lekin Dad to hawalat me the." She turned to him with anger.

"Wo hawalat me the kyuki tum yahan thi. Warna shayad is duniya me nahi hote." His fury was back.

"To ye hai apki farokhdili. Apne chacha se badla lene ke liye aap unki beti ko qaidi bana ke rakhege?" She asked furiously.

"Qaidi nahi ho tum, biwi ho meri. Aur meri biwi ki jagah mere sath hai. Mein kisi ki saza kisi aur ko nahi deta. Tumhare Dad agar aj apne Ghar me mehfooz hain to tumhari wajah se. Warna wo yaha se bach kar nahi ja sakte the." He said with conviction.

"Mein nahi manti Jo ghatiya ilzam aap log un par lagate hain. Mere Dad kisi janwar ko takleef me nahi dekh sakte, apne sage Bhai ko nuqsan pohchane ka to sawal hi nahi uthta." She said desperately.

"Tumhare na manne se sachchai nahi badal jayegi." He said with a stern face.

"Agar ye sach hai to police ab tak Dad ko arrest kyu nahi kar pai. Sach to ye hai ke aap darte hain ke Dad apna haq na mang le. Warna koi saboot nahi hai is ghatiya ilzam ka aap ke paas." She shouted on the verge of crying. Murtasim's anger was intensifying with each of her sentences. He moved so fast to grab her upper arms that it made Meerab lose her balance. His grip was intense on her.