"I tried my best for you." He admitted as I reached my hand out to play with his hair, "I know. I'm so proud." I praised him. He stood back up straight and looked me in my eyes, my hands still running through his hair. "Really? I didn't even get pole position." He started. I just nodded.

We chatted for a bit more before he got swept away by mechanics and team members, so I went to find my friends and decided to head back for the night.

Maya came running into the living room. "Oh my god Alex, you and Lando are so cute!" She exclaimed. "What?" I looked up from my phone confused. She showed me a few Instagram and Twitter posts about me.

(This might not be Lando but like , I wrote the scene inspired by this photo 😍)

"You're literally making all his fangirls jealous. I can't wait for them to find out who you are." She exclaimed as she showed the other girls the photos. Damn, we did look cute together. I never realized someone took a photo. I guess there really are cameras everywhere.

~★★★~

I got to the track the next day with my friends in the afternoon. Since the grand prix started at 9 PM, we walked around for a bit. Whenever Lando wasn't busy, we hung out and sat around together.

When the race came, I watched from the garage again

When the race came, I watched from the garage again. This time I was more nervous for Lando. Before he got into his car, he made time to approach me first. "Hey, good luck." I told him as we hugged. "Thank you. I'll win for you." He said as he hugged me back. I just chuckled. "Don't win for me, win for yourself." I joked as we pulled away. He got into his car and drove off.

The start of the race was good, he held his 2nd place position for a while. And then, a miracle happened. Max Verstappen spun out and hit the wall. There was something like a safety car deployed, I didn't really understand, but what mattered to me now was that Lando was first. The garage erupted in cheers. We nervously watched as the race's end drew closer. When the checkered flag was waved, Lando came out on top. "WOOOHOOO!! P1, BABY!!" He exclaimed through the radio. I chuckled a bit because he did it. He actually did it. He won.

The team ran out, and I followed them to the place where the top 3 cars would pull up. The other team members got there first and were front row on the barriers. I was standing on my tiptoes to get a glimpse of Lando. Suddenly, some of the team members said something to each other and they all moved out of the way and started pushing me forward. Before I knew it, I was pressed against the barrier as Lando was walking up to it. He first high-fived and hugged some team members before quickly taking off his helmet. He gave it to someone and hugged me, even lifting me up slightly. "I won." He simply said as he buried his face on the side of my head near my ear. All the cheering and applause around us faded away, and to me, it was just me and him there.

"For me or for you?" I asked. He looked me in my eyes. "For you. Everything I do is for you." He said and my lips curved up into a smile. "May I?" he asked, and I nodded. He cupped my face with his hands, and we both leaned closer. It was our first kiss. It felt like fireworks had set off inside me, and I enjoyed that moment. Both of us not wanting it to end, but we knew that thousands of people were watching, so we both pulled away. He smiled and waved at me as he walked away to go to the driver's cooldown room.

A few minutes later, I watched as he stood on the podium. I couldn't help but smile at him, and he gave a little wave. Anthems played, trophies were given, and finally, it was time for the champagne. I watched his iconic spray, and he playfully sprayed some of it towards the fans and even me watching below. I shook my head in disbelief, and he shrugged with a mischievous grin, continuing to spray Charles and Carlos, who shared the podium with him.

After the celebrations, he came to find me again. It was time to introduce him to my friends. Walking down the paddock with his arm around me, I spotted my friends, and they turned to look at me in shock. "Hey!" I said, trying to break the tension. Valentina managed to speak first, greeting me.

"Okay, hi, everyone. Time to formally introduce my boyfriend, Lando. Lando, this is Maya, Hannah, Valentina, and Maddison." I announced, gesturing towards each of them. Suddenly, Lando laughed. "I recognize you," he pointed at Maddison, who looked confused. "What?" she asked.

"Yeah, you were the one who came up to Charles, right, in Miami?" He said, making her face turn red. "Aw c'mon! I didn't know he had a girlfriend, okay!" she admitted, and we all shared a laugh.

"Anyway, Lando, I don't care if you're famous or an F1 driver. You break her heart, I'll make sure you can't race for a season," Valentina said, looking at him with seriousness. Lando tensed up but nodded, "Okay, noted."

"Okay, how about we head back now?" I suggested, checking my wristwatch. "It's getting late." I gently lifted Lando's arm from around me.

"Excuse me one moment," I said, pulling Lando aside. "It's getting late, and me and the girls really have to go back now. We have an early flight tomorrow," I explained. "Where and when is the next race?" I asked.

"Japan, next week," he replied, adding, "But we have a week off before the next race."

"Okay, so...I know this would be fast, but are you willing to meet my parents then?" I asked him. He nodded, "Yeah, sure. The only reason I didn't want to last time was because you said they liked F1 and all that stuff."

"Yeah, I get it," I nodded in understanding. He sighed and held my hands. "I want you to know that I really want to be committed to our relationship," he declared sincerely.

"I do too, Lando," I said with a smile. "Anyway, you should go now, they're waiting," he said, gesturing towards my friends.

"Okay. Bye Lando, good night. And congratulations again," I said as I tiptoed to give him a peck on the cheek.

"Thank you, Alex. I love you," he said warmly. "I love you too," I replied, walking away while waving back at him.

Word count: 1788

~So hiiii, this is my formal apology for being gone for like 2 weeks. I HAD SCHOOL AND I WAS SICK, OKAY??? Anyways, thoughts? Was it too fast? I just wanna do the reaction of the family at this point 😩~