7 ~ Where's My Phone?

I woke up the next day with a pounding headache, every ray of light felt blinding, even the ones seeping through the curtains. Attempting to sit up, I fell back onto my pillow, groaning in discomfort. After a few minutes of gathering the energy, I managed to get up and stumbled my way to the bathroom. As I rubbed my eyes and looked into the mirror, I was taken aback. My hair was a tangled mess, my makeup smudged across my face. And I wasn't wearing Valentina's itchy dress anymore; instead, I was in an oversized t-shirt. Not mine. What the f*ck? What happened? Whose t-shirt is this? I splashed cold water on my face, hoping to relieve the pounding in my head.

Reaching for my makeup remover, I realized it wasn't in its usual place. In fact, none of my belongings were here. What the f*ck times two. Panic gripped me as I rushed out of the bathroom, scanning the unfamiliar room. It wasn't even my room. The bed was disheveled, and the room was cluttered with random items. Suitcases, bottles of water, and clothes were strewn about, but there was no sign of anyone. Grabbing Valentina's discarded dress from the floor and my bag from a random corner, I quickly put on my shoes and dashed out of the room. Entering the elevator, I pressed the button for my floor, only to realize I was on Elevator Guy's floor. No way, right? What the hell happened? I hurriedly made my way to my designated floor and pounded on Valentina and Maya's door. A bleary-eyed Maya opened the door, her confusion evident. "Alexandra?" she mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

I barged into their room and approached Valentina, who was still asleep. Glancing at the wristwatch on her bedside table, I saw that it was 9:00 AM, and our flight was at 10:30 AM. "Wake up! We need to catch our flight back," I urged, shaking Valentina to rouse her from her slumber. "Make sure she wakes up," I instructed Maya as I passed by her, heading out of their room and making my way to Maddison and Hannah's room. I repeated the process, then returned to my own room.

Removing my makeup and taking a quick shower to wash away whatever remnants clung to my hair, I changed into sweatpants and didn't bother to change out of the t-shirt I got as a little souvenier. Hastily, I packed my suitcase, haphazardly tossing items inside. Zipping it shut, I meticulously searched the bathroom, closets, and bed for any belongings I might have left behind. Patting my pockets, I frantically searched for my phone. "Where's my phone?" I muttered aloud. I rummaged through my handbag before deciding to consult my friends.

Lifting my suitcase off the floor, I exited my room and made my way to Valentina and Maya's room, knocking on the door. They opened it, and I entered to find everyone already gathered. They all appeared as if they had just risen from the dead. "Have you guys seen my phone?" I asked, to which they all shook their heads. "Oh no..." I whispered to myself. "Oh no, what?" Valentina asked, her voice laced with concern. "Nothing," I quickly dismissed, shaking my head, attempting to hide my panic. I tried to recall the blurry memories that faded in and out. Vaguely, I remembered leaving my phone on the bar counter as I stumbled towards the bathroom, vomiting my guts out. Oh no, did I embarrass myself in front of Elevator Guy? Sh*t. No turning back now.

Anxiously, I bit my lip and fidgeted with my hands as we descended to the lobby to check out of the hotel. My mind was divided, debating whether I should go back and ask Elevator Guy about my phone. Would it be awkward? But all my internal deliberation was pointless when we got into a taxi to the airport. Hannah had called the car rental company, informing them to pick up the car from the hotel as we were running late for our flight.

Finally in the taxi, I mustered the courage to ask the burning question. "What happened last night?" I asked, desperate to piece together the fragmented memories. The girls exchanged shrugs, mirroring my confusion. "You said you were going back to the hotel because you weren't feeling well," Valentina replied, trying to recall the events.