Chapter Eight: Canceling the Trial

Start from the beginning

 "You remember what I said at the studio, Sunshine?" she shook her head no as she muttered about ice cream. I followed her into the kitchen where she was currently looking for ice cream. I walked up behind her. "Does that mean I have to remind you?"

First Pov:

 "Does that mean I have to remind you?" I turned around and was face to face with the man of my dreams. "You don't have any ice cream. We should go get some." I walked towards the living room when he dragged to a corner piece of the countertop. He lifted my up to where I was sitting on it. "I asked a question. Answer it." I couldn't form words. He put his face an inch away from mine. "This ringing any bells?" As the realization hit me, he gradually got closer and closer. This time there was no one to stop him from kissing me this time.

 The kiss was soft and loving. When he moved, I was stuck in place. "I could ask you anything right now and you would say yes." I nodded still trying to wrap my head around everything. "Really? Then will you go to the store with me real quick?" I nodded again. He smiled. "Well then, let's go to the store to get ice cream and seasoning." Even though I was still in a trance, my junky self said, "with toppings?" he laughed and said, "sure."

 I got off and he took my hand. I squeezed his slightly and he said, "I'm keeping you," while nodding. Once we were in the car, he put it in the "Rise" album and I was bumping. As we were singing, or more of as I was singing, he put his hand on my thigh and I started smiling. We went into Walmart and I tried to find where the seasonings were. "Having difficulties?" I scrunched up my face. "I don't have my glasses." He led me to the aisle and I started throwing them in there. "Flavor," was all I said as finished. We then went to the frozen section and looked for ice cream. "What type?" I grabbed a strawberry shortcake and cookies n cream. We then went on a quest to find toppings. I got Carmel while he got chocolate syrup. I grabbed whipped cream and sprinkles. As we were walking to the cash register, I grabbed a thing of strawberry syrup. "My turn," I said as I took out my debit card. As the payment was going through, I did a little dance. "Is it that thrilling to pay," he asked with a deadpan look on his face.

 "It is when you feel like you're taking advantage of someone you care about..."

First Pov (Johnny):

 "Taking advantage?" she nodded while frowning. "I spoil you because I want to. Not because I think you're incapable," I say grabbing the bags. She took the keys out my pocket and as we got in, she said, "We were destined to meet." Although I felt that way, I wanted to see why she said it. "Why?" we were pulling out the parking lot. "Cuz, we fell into step with each other so quickly. I trust you more than I should. At least time frame wise." I shrugged my shoulders thinking pretty much.

When we got in the house, she went to the kitchen. As soon as I set them down, she grabbed the ice cream. "Strawberry shortcake or cookies n cream?" I was putting up the seasonings. "Umm... strawberry shortcake." She nodded and got bowls. I had just finished and watched as she was about to start scooping but stopped. "This is weird. I'm not worth anyone's time and yet here I am in the kitchen of the best person this world has to offer." She was deep in thought as she spoke. "John, I can't afford you breaking my heart." I walked up to her and gave her a tight hug. "I can't afford you breaking mine. So, how about one date? Then we can decide if we wanna call it quits."

 "Seems reasonable. Now that the ice cream melted a little bit, it should be easier." She made us bowls. Hers had strawberry syrup, whipped cream, and sprinkles. So many sprinkles. I just had a bit of strawberry syrup and whipped cream. We were watching TV and she was laying on my chest as we ate. We were watching Twilight. It was against my will. "Carlisle is so hot." I laughed and she laughed with me. "Oh my gosh! Bella gets on my nerves, you stupid bit-

I put my hand over her mouth. "Oh... kay." When I let go, she was pouting. "Sorry, she just irks every fiber of my being." She continued eating while glaring at the screen. "I hope you know that ice cream is not a meal." She sat up. "Since when?" I sighed. So this is her... I don't know which version I like more. "There's still leftovers in the fridge we can eat real quick." She reluctantly agreed after making sure I knew that she was getting another bowl afterwards. She brought back 2 plates and gave me one. "Even better the 3rd time." She laughed while shaking her head. We ended up watching the first two movies. She was about to watch the third when she just got up abruptly. "Where did you put the painting?" I didn't comprehend at first. "The one you hired me to make?" I pointed to the painting room. (I just feel like he would have one)

First Pov:

How I see him, right? I grabbed a pencil and began drawing. He walked in. "You good?" I was biting down on my tongue as I tried to reach the top. He came up behind me and lifted me up off my feet. "Okay, I'm done." I stepped back to look at my changes. "Perfect. So far." I added a very faint but bigger sketch of him. "What's that for?" I looked between him and the painting. "That's for me to know and for you to figure out. Now let's watch Hamilton!!"

 "Why are so you loud today?" I stopped dead in my tracks. "You said you wanted to know me," I said not turning around. "This is me. Not what you thought, I know."

 First Pov (Johnny):

 "I never said that. I simply asked a question." Her black curly hair unwavering, she said, "Absolutely perfect." She kept walking and I followed her a few steps behind. "You still wanna watch Hamilton?" I was close enough to see the side of her face showing the ends of her smile. "You're a real romantic, you know that?"

 "Am I really," I asked seeing she turned her face away from me. She nodded. There was silence. "Could... this be considered a date?" the question caught me off guard. "If you want it to." She sat down on the couch and looked up at me. "What if I did?" I sat down beside her. "Then I would ask if you would be willing to date me." She bit her lip. "Yeah."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. But I'm gonna have to cancel the seven-day trial because that would be weird when we're just starting out." I was a bit bummed, but understood where she was coming from. "I miss my house. My glassed specifically." We both laughed. "You want me to take you home?" she nodded. As we were driving, there was silence, but it wasn't suffocating. It was comforting. I could feel her looking at me and through the corner of my eye I could see her smiling. "You've been grinning since we left." She opened her mouth, but just laughed. "Can't I be happy?"

"Anytime Sunshine. Anytime."

If anyone ever makes it this far, thank you for reading my book. It means a lot to me. Stay gorgeous. ♥️