Chapter 13: Her Cold Embrace

Start from the beginning

That was where Yuki found herself, the male's arms wrapped around her forcing her into a tight embrace. Even his foot was wrapped around her waist, it was clear that he didn't intend on letting her go and that he wanted to spoon her. Yuki didn't know why she didn't fight back or resist in any kind of manner, as she practically allowed the sleeping male to capture her into a deep and close cuddle.

Perhaps, a part of her wanted this as well.

You see the Yuki onna lived a solitary life, she rarely ever encountered any human beings and when she did, they inevitably became a prey to her. A part of that was self imposed - her immortality meant that she would outgrow any humans who she grew close to and to save herself from the pain that she would feel when her partner grew old, she avoided any and everyone but that naturally led to her becoming lonely. Extremely lonely.

Maybe that was why she didn't fight back the actions of Y/n, maybe that was why she nuzzled her body into his arms and maybe that was why she soon fell asleep in the confines of his tight embrace.

Y/n pov:

I had the weirdest sleep last night, I could've sworn that I felt the embrace of someone, but I couldn't think about it further as I woke up with an extremely painful headache, my eyes were forced shut as I winced from the excruciating pain. It was if I had been shot, or perhaps it was as if I was hit in the head.

"No, I slipped..." I whispered to myself rubbing the back of my head.

Suddenly, I felt the sensation of someone's head on my chest, but instead of feeling warm, their touch felt ice cold, as if they were frozen to the touch. Looking down I recognized the individual, it was the same girl from before. She was just as beautiful as when I saw her yesterday amidst the falling snow, but now I could see her more clearly.

"So you saved me huh?..." I whispered to myself, rhetorically.

Gently I reached out my hands to caress her hair, twirling a strand of her black hair around my fingers. Her skin was cold to the the touch, as if she wasn't alive but I didn't mind as I felt an immense level of gratitude towards her. She was my angel, the guardian angel who saved me and I knew I needed to thank her. I couldn't help but find myself staring at her, she was so ethereally beautiful.

"I guess I'll prepare breakfast for you" I said to myself, as I gently removed myself from her as to not wake her up.

Getting up, I began to make my way towards the pantry to see what I could make. The only things I could find were some eggs, bacon and flour. I knew she was of Japanese ancestry but I was going to prepare her a staple breakfast from back home. It was delicious so I knew that she was going to like it.

"Pancake, eggs and bacon. Yummy~" I excitedly drooled at the thought as I commenced cooking.

I was by no means Gordon Ramsay, but I considered myself pretty decent at cooking. I followed my mother's recipe from my memories and with only the aroma to guide me, I soon enough finished cooking up the breakfast. With a plate in hand, I began making my way towards my room intent on letting her eat it as a sign of my gratitude.

Upon arrival, however, she was not there.

"Hello?" I called out hoping for an answer.

Suddenly, I felt something sharp pressed on my neck, glancing down I could see that it was a shard of ice. Behind me, I felt this immensely cold presence which made me shiver and which made the hair on my skin rise. I'd never felt a presence like this and I knew in this moment, I couldn't stop her from killing me.

God, I loved it.

"If you do so much as to move a muscle, I'll slit your throat." I heard the woman whisper sinisterly to me from behind.

"Relax, I have no bad intentions. I just wanted to thank you for saving me earlier by making you something to eat. I promise" I explained.

As if she was taking sometime to contemplate her decision, she stayed still for a moment before soon disintegrating the ice shard as I breathed in a sigh of huge relief. I realized then and there that she was a Yokai, and just like the old man mentioned, she was dangerous. Thankfully, we soon began eating.

I could tell she was famished, judging by how quickly she was devouring the food I made for her. Remembering what had happened, I realized that there was a huge chance that it was her who ate most of that lady's food.

"So, what is your name? I'm Y/n L/n" I explained taking a bite of a pancake.

"... Yuki..." She responded taking a break in between the bites as she continued eating, getting some syrup on her cheeks.

"You know you're super cute, when you're not trying to kill me and all" I chuckled as in that moment, a red tint dusted her cheeks.

Reaching forward, I wiped the syrup off of her cheeks with a napkin as I saw her blush becoming even more red. It was so adorable to watch. We weren't sitting next to the fireplace, however, so naturally I began to shiver.

"You know if you're cold, I know of a way to warm you up~" She responded taking a bite of her pancake as if she wanted revenge for me making her blush.

Now it was my turn to blush, as I watched her lick some syrup off of her fork in a seductive manner while staring into my eyes. My face heated up as I watched her, it was so hot. I could tell that she had both an innocent and a dirty side, and it was this dichotomy that made her even more attractive in my eyes.

"Huh?" was all I could muster out, as I stuffed my face with some bacon to avoid her catching me blushing.

I was sure she did, though.

"I mean we can start a bonfire" she responded in an innocent fashion, as if she wasn't just teasing me.

I knew in that moment that I had to have her.

_______

This is the 13th chapter of my story and I hope you enjoyed it! This was entertaining to write and I really am appreciative of the feedback I'm getting which is the biggest motivation I can get to keep pushing out more chapters!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and onto the next one!