"That does sound good", he agreed. He slipped a hand into Druig's, fingers interlocking. Druig didn't look down but Soro felt him tighten his grip in a brief squeeze and caught the pleased smile that flashed across his face. Soro grinned to himself.

"Here it is", Druig swept his arm to gesture to a small house in the corner of the market. "After you my stunning companion". Soro laughed as he entered first. They were greeted by a middle aged woman who showed them to a small table in the corner. Soro folded his legs up as he took a seat on the worn rugs covering the floor.

"Is this a courting gesture?" He queried after Druig had ordered in the local dialect. (He was struggling with the language here but at least he wasn't as bad as Ikaris or Phastos. Those two were the worst of them at languages). "Are you courting me?" He teased, playfulness in his words.

"I have been since Babylon. Thank you for finally noticing", Druig replied with an equally as playful quirk to his lips.

Soro tucked his hair behind his ear, golden frames catching on the strands. His big brown eyes fixed on the man in front of him. (Don't ask him how many people there were in the room with them, he didn't know and would not be looking to find out). "I noticed", he stated. "It took me a little while. But I noticed". All his attention was tuned to the man in front of him.

They were interrupted by the arrival of their food. Rice and curry set out on a large dish that took up nearly all the space on their little table. Soro had eaten many dishes similar to this many times before. Babylon had been a hubbub of cultures due to it's rich trade and travel. He and Druig had spent many a night eating together at different places and that had stayed the same when they left to travel. It was their times, though they often had meals with the rest of the eternals about once a week. It was how they bonded. Soro danced with Kingo.  Fought with Thena and later drunk with Gilgamesh. He betted and traded with Makkari, sometimes cooked with Sersi. Played games with Sprite and sewed calmly with Ajak. He tried out Phastos' inventions, and even sometimes, though not as common as any of the other things, he sparred with Ikaris. But food, meals and the conversations shared over them, they were his and Druig's thing.

"This is good", he agreed as he scooped more rice into his mouth with his fingers. This was spicer than other variations he had eaten before. He liked the richness and the burn on his tongue. Druig just grinned smugly at his discovery and they continued eating. No more words needing to be said as they finished the plate and paid.

The sun was setting as they left the little house. Their feet carrying them back up to the building where they were currently staying. It was the home of the local lord and they each had a bedroom there. After a month, the route was familiar. As they walked, this times Druig was the only to reach out and link their hands. His palm warm in Soro's. "I guess we are courting now", Soro voiced. The streets were emptying for the night and the stars were appearing in the darling blue above.

"I guess we are", Druig hummed. "Now that you have realised my intentions".

"I am not that oblivious", Soro protested. "I knew".

Druig laughed and used their joined hands to tug him closer, reaching out with his spare hand to tug on a strand of Soro's hair. The sensation of it sharp and intimate. They came to a stop in the shadow of the palace where they were staying, partially hidden by the surrounding walls and cloaked in the gloom. The two eternals able to see each other just fine in the dark. "Don't worry my divine Soro. I love you, obliviousness and all". Druig broke off into light chuckles as Soro poked him in the stomach.

"Luckily I love you too", Soro grinned as he met Druig's eyes. "Even with your terrible sense of humour. My charming Druig". That made the edges of the other man's lips stretch further.

It was Soro who moved first. The dark as the sun finally set wrapping them up away from any extra eyes as he leaned in and pressed his lips to Druig's, eyes closing as he made an effort not to knock his glasses into the other's cheeks. He felt Druig relax into it, his spare hand coming up to cradle Soro's cheek. The kiss deepened and it was warm, comforting. Not a fast thing of passion but much like their relationship had been, it was a simple loving thing that gained momentum slowly. When they parted for air, Soro chuckled as Druig dropped his head to rest it in the junction between his shoulder and neck. The mind controller pressed a gentle opened mouth kiss to the bare skin and Soro sighed into it.

"Sersi and Ikaris are getting married next week", he murmured.

"And?" Druig pressed another gentle kiss to his pulse point, not with the desire to leave marks, just resting there warmly. Soro tilted his head to allow him more access. His spare hand resting on Druig's shoulder.

"Shall we get married?"

Druig stopped and straightened. Soro instantly missed his warmth. "Do you want to? It is a human custom". It wasn't judging, calm and attentive.

Soro shrugged. "Maybe we should. Not now. But someday, maybe".

Druig let go of Soro's hand and turned towards the gates. "If we do", he grinned mischievously. "Then we don't tell the others. They can figure it out". He pushed the gate open as Soro cackled.

"Deal! Who do you think will guess first?" He theorised as they entered their current place of residence. "Thena? Maybe Makkari? Gilgamesh can be pretty observant sometimes". He paused at the front doors. "I guess we are getting married".

"I guess we are", Druig smiled. Soro's cheeks hurt. He leaned over and pressed a quick peck on the blue eyed man's lips and felt him lean into it. The warm night calm and peaceful.

unedited

One of my favourite things about writing about The Eternals is all the periods of history they lived through. The empires they have seen rise and fall. It's fascinating.