"Uff Baba! I don't understand you. Let's go home. I don't like it here." Aryan said wiping against the large dial of his wristwatch to get rid ofthe raindrops.

"Okay! Okay! Fine, let's go my Prince." Shah Rukh yanked Aryan and ran towards their house. Drenching in Rains. Laughing. Making memories. Core memories. 

He raised his hand, opening his fist, catching the cold droplets in his open hand. His warm skin chilled asthe water droplets trickled down from the base of his palm, escaping theopen confines through the gaps of his fingers. His cold eyes staredinto the dark infinity, the blank sky staring back at him with the sameloneliness. 

"I hate Rains." Aryan muttered.

He staggered back from the window pane as the rain came splashingmercilessly against the glass, impinging down on the Earth's surface andlulling a melancholy melody around the empty room. He took a deepbreath, casting a glance into the darkroom. 

The painful linking of his heart with the memories slowly dissipated andhe sat down on the empty chair, turning around and focusing on the blackscreen on the monitor. He pressed a random key on the keyboard, bringingthe screen alive before shutting the PC down. He dragged a hand down hisface, eyes stretching forcibly to push the sleepiness out. 

Faint eyebagsunder his eyes now turning a little darker. 

It's so much painful when the memories you once used to smileremembering now constrain you from sleeping at night. 

Aryan Khan considers himself a bad omen. 

He is the shadow of a curse that destroys others' lives. 

And has shadowever been able to separate from its body? 

He is either a reason for people's grief or cease. Never the reason for theirsmiles. Never the reason for their laughs. Never the reason for theirhappiness. 

Maybe he was, until the death of his parents. 

Until the day he was forced to grow up and fill in the spot of parents in his siblings' lives. Until the day he was forced to grow up and fill in the seat of the Chairman & CEO in his father's Company. Until the day he was forced to stay up all night and cradle the little baby Abram with one hand, and as well prepare for his first presentation in front of the board of directors. Until the day he was forced to attend Suhana's parent-teacher meeting and console her if she scored badly.  Until the day he was forced to grow up and give up on his youth, his carefree self, his innocent self, to his inner monster. His inner demon. Inner Devil.

And now the Devil wanted more. So much more.

It wanted her.

He knew he saw hope in her. 

His hope to these nightmares. The trauma. And now he was on his way to love. 

An innocent soul, he was falling for her. 

He was falling for herchildlike innocence. His heart began beating with a purpose, a purpose tosee that girl smiling whenever she is in his presence. To make herlaugh, to give her all the happiness in the world. 

Maybe it was stupid. Creepy even. But he couldn't help it. 

She knocked onhis paralyzed world, made it move, and now owns half of it. He was so averse to living. But her arrival opened his heart and made himlook at the world in a different light. 

Her spilling innocence, ocean ofnaivety, and rain of smiles drenched his barren life that was desperate forsome drops of hope. 

surprise!