[3] - The Lady & Her Maid

Start from the beginning

Unfortunately for him, you had no plans of letting him reach his happy ending before you could find yours.

"My... my lady,"

"Yeah? What's up?" you pushed the bed covers to the side and placed your feet on top of the fluffy carpet. Goddamn, it felt like you were resting your feet on a cloud.

"Upon hearing news of your fainting, the Count insisted on immediately returning from his trip. He... will be joining you for breakfast today." Claire informed.

You raised a brow at the hesitancy in her words and the gentle tone she spoke with, as if she were catering to a child who would throw a fit any second.

"The Count? Lady Cor-- I mean, my father?" you thought for a second. Since Lady Corella had a pretty shitty reputation, you were curious about her relationship with the Count. Judging from Claire's words, Count Corella genuinely cared about his daughter, since he was willing to return from his trip so suddenly. There was also a high chance he would be extremely confused by the change in his daughter's personality, but, if he wasn't able to stop Lady Corella from sleeping with every guy in a 10 feet radius, you decided you didn't have to worry about putting on the facade of a elegant, young lady around him.

Besides, it's not like you had a stable relationship with your parents back on Earth. This would just be like interacting with them again. You cringed at the thought, only noticing you were frowning when you raised a hand to your forehead and felt your brows furrowed. Whoops. You quickly loosened them. You did not want to have the wrinkles of Jordan Gamsey, or whatever his name was.

Anyhow, you were ready to take on the Count. Enough of thinking about the past for now, you had a new life to live out.

"Alright then." You nonchalantly replied, causing a visible look of shock to display on Claire's face.

"M-my lady?" her voice was filled with such surprise that you almost chuckled. Looks like you made her bamboozled.

Prompting yourself up, you walked over to the mirror and peered at your reflection. However, instead of having Lady Corella's face peer back at you, it was your original face. Just a lot healthier looking. There was even a slight glow and shininess to your skin, aside from the slight eye bags you got from when Lady Corella would spent the night 'sleeping'.

At first, you felt ripped off that you didn't wake up with Lady Corella's face. She might've not been a love interest, but she was still pretty to boot. Long hair that looked like it was spun out of golden thread, and blue eyes that glistened like crystals. She truly was the pinnacle of European beauty standards. It was a reoccurring thing in isekai villainess webtoons to wake up with a stunning beauty's face, so why the hell didn't it happen to you?

"Man, whatever. There's no use dwelling on it now. Besides, I think my normal face looks pretty good on its own!" you grinned at your reflection and it smiled back. "I'm not a stunning European beauty, but beauty standards are overrated anyways." You raised your hands to your cheeks.

Smack

Deciding a light slap to the the face would wake you up, you found yourself more rejuvenated and determined than ever to live your best life as Lady Corella, no, Lady [Name]. And although Claire sent you a worried look from your strange actions, you shot her a wide grin back.

"Let's get me freshened up, shall we?"

--

Breakfast was, for a lack of a better word, awkward-as-fuck.

You fidgeted around in your velvety-cushioned seat, trying your best to swallow bits of your steak. Meanwhile, Count Corella was staring directly at you without a word. The two of you were placed on either sides of the long ass dinner table. Claire stood next to the dining hall doors, clasping her hands together in front of her. Her expression seemed calm, but if you looked closely, you would notice her lips ever-so-slightly pursed together.