"You take all things for given. If you want me there before Tsujimura arrives, that's fine by me, but solely because I'm on the road already and too awake to get back to sleep. Don't expect me to be as indulgent on you next time."

"I'll take note to that." Ayatsuji nodded to himself. "Ah, one last thing, Higuchi-kun."

"What now?" She sighed exhausted.

"Could you buy me tobacco on the way? Kizami is in my fancy, so take that one, ok? Thank you."

►͠ ◊ ͠ ● ͠ ◄

"To run errands for you so early in the morning is a crime, you know?!" Higuchi briskly opened the door of his office, unlike the rest of her actions. Her steps were ever so quiet, and her face was one bearing no grudges. He didn't even hear her coming, indeed he was quite startled.

"Aah, be grateful... I've prepared a chamomille for your nerves."

"Sleep could help my nerves." Higuchi threw daggers at him with her eyes, as she put on his desk the tobacco. "You didn't even get changed?" She tilted her head. "Aren't you too comfortable with a person you saw only twice?"

"You are the first to see me in a pajama." He opened his eyes.

"Wow, I feel so accomplished. I could levitate." She shook her head.

"You're giving me reasons to kill you. You're so annoying. Aren't you too comfortable with me to treat me this way?"

"Fair enough, but mind you. You're giving me reasons to kill you, too."

"Stop giving me such kids' replies. You can do better than that, can't you?"

"I wouldn't want to hurt you."

"Your eyes tell me the opposite."

"They are meant to deceive you." She smiled.

"My, my... Is this how you act when you don't get lovey-dovey with that blood-stinky, eyebrowless mafia dog?

"HUH???" Higuchi stood up, tickled off.

"Oh, so you understood who I was reffering to, mh? Seems an adept description, then."

"Don't bad-mouth Akutagawa-senpai." Higuchi said, sitting down again.

"Oh, noo... You'll... shoot me?" He giggled.

"I could. And play it off as if it were your fault."

"You're not even supposed to be here. The fault is yours to begin with."

"If I were here without the permit of the snipers, that would be true."

"That's correct, I'm still wondering how they'd let you come in."

"I'm a good babysitter. A babysitter with a Sakaguchi-san's personally written permit that says, and I quote: "Mistress Higuchi Ichiyō-san, assigned to be Ayatsuji Yukito-sensei's bodyguard, have the permission to enter and exit from his office at any given hour without further notice." That's kind of infuriating, though. I'd have preferred he gave me some specific time, so I don't have to deal you at certain hours." Higuchi sighed in displease.

"You and I will surely get along after this." Ayatsuji passed a cup of chamomille to Higuchi, who looked at him with a killing-on-spot gaze.

"I highly doubt a chamomille will pipe down my nerves."

"I hope so. You're frustrating."

"If we keep this up, Tsujimura will arrive. Mind you going back to business?"

"I need you to be calm to start."

"Go on." Higuchi waved him to continue.

"Did you not hear me---"

"I heard you just right." Higuchi told him with a cold voice, back to her business-like demeanor. It was interesting how she dissociated her emotions when the matter was about work. A capable woman, indeed.

"Then, I'd like to have your opinion about something." Ayatsuji said, spinning a pen with his fingers. "If Mori-san were to give your place to someone else, would you return to the Port Mafia?"

►͠ ◊ ͠ ● ͠ ◄

Author note:

So... Yk the illustration I put in there. It took me hours to colour in grey scale lmao-. Just so you know, yeah I've drawn it myself, and it musn't be utilized for anything else, thank you ^_____^

BTW y'all are aware of the card ability "Another" of Ayatsuji in mayoi, no? I played the game for three years, partecipated on that event three fucking times, and yk what? I'VE NO KYOGOKU, NO AYATSUJI, A TSUJIMURA AND FIVE FUCKING ARCHITECTS. I love the architect so much, but great heavens give me my man Ayatsuji-sensei... I won't stop complaining about this. IT'S NO FAIR, HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE TO COMPLETE A EVENT CARD LIKE THISSSSS?!?!?!??

Anyway, anywho, anywhere, annie are you okay? Are you okay AnniEH-EH

I'm done,

bye bye (_ _)。゜zzZ