C6

In a lifeless and scorching desert, a small green figure moved swiftly, occasionally climbing in and out of buildings. Before leaving, Shu Shuishui specifically cleared a larger space in the spiritual palace to collect more flower pots for convenient carrying.

After searching several buildings, Shu Shuishui harvested several ceramic flower pots with built-in trays, and without exception, the plants in them had withered long ago. In addition to the flower pots, Shu Shuishui also obtained a shallow fish tank, half a bag of plant fertilizer, and a remote-controlled toy car without batteries.

What? Why did Shu Shuishui take the toy car? Naturally, it was because Shu Shuishui didn’t want to rely solely on its two short legs to walk out of the desert. Shu Shuishui believed it could still drive, a toy car. If it could find one or two batteries with power or a generator, that would be even better.

Shu Shuishui checked other devices that required batteries but didn’t find a single battery with power. However, it was discovered that all batteries in this era were the same, universal. This made Shu Shuishui slightly happier.

undefinedConsidering the possible impact of electromagnetic storms, there should be no batteries with power in the Imperial City. Shu Shuishui could only do its best to find a generator, preferably a hand-cranked one.

After traversing several tall buildings, the chubby little rat gave up the futile search. It also noticed that the resources in this city had likely been scavenged. It didn’t find any edible items along the way, only inconvenient or less practical things left behind.

When the sun reached its highest point, indicating noon had arrived, the scorching sun roasted the earth. Just as Shu Shuishui stepped out of a building, its little feet left the shade and stepped on the sand. After taking two steps, it hurriedly tiptoed back into the shadow of the building.

Shu Shuishui felt it was quite novel. Even in the largest desert on Earth, it had never experienced such high temperatures.

Persistently, it tapped its little feet on the scorching yellow sand, but in less than two seconds, Shu Shuishui retracted its feet and sat down in the shade, blowing on its feet. Only then did it feel a little better.

Shu Shuishui finally confirmed that the sand outside was unsuitable for daytime travel. The surface temperature was at least over sixty degrees, and if it stepped on it barefoot, its feet would be half-cooked in no time.

Wearing a green lotus leaf hat, Shu Shuishui sat in the shade, which wasn’t particularly cool, and rested its cheek against its paw. It seemed that besides food, it also needed sunscreen tools and shoes.

Due to the high temperature outside, Shu Shuishui temporarily gave up the action of searching for supplies. Leaning against the building, it yawned and shook its head, rejecting the midday drowsiness. Shu Shuishui decided to at least wait until the seeds were planted before taking a nap. That way, it would wake up just in time to harvest some food.

With nothing else to do, Shu Shuishui took out a map it had collected earlier from its mouth. The map was torn from a book, as paper maps were not commonly found.

The map outlined the detailed distribution of the Imperial City, including various buildings. Shu Shuishui remembered it was a travel book specifically introducing the Imperial City. Sitting on the map, Shu Shuishui slowly moved its little paw, searching for buildings worth exploring.

Finally, the little paw paused slightly at the aquarium and botanical garden and ultimately stopped at the museum and school.

Shu Shuishui wasn’t sure what age children in this world would study the principles of generators. Perhaps the physics textbooks in the school could provide a hand-cranked generator. The museum was also a possible place to store these “ancient” objects.