1. busted nose

"i swear to god ill kill you thames!" i yelled from across my yard.

"come over and do it then wuss!" he shouted back.

this was the 50th time this week mason has hit me with his sports equipment. our yards have no barrier/fences separating them so mason will find and take any chance he gets to annoy me. the other day, i was relaxing on my patio, trying to get a tan, and mason hit me with a basketball. god do i hate him so much.

now for a proper introduction. im olivia davis, if you don't know me im like a famous actress or whatever. i played in a bunch of stuff like wednesday, stranger things, it, scream, you get the point. anyways mason thames is my neighbor, and he is one pain in the ass. he's also kind of famous for playing in the black phone movie, but no one cares. he is the worst and most rude boy i know, and he is so difficult.

mason is the kind of person to help you, if you do something for him back, or pay him. it feels like mason and i have just been in one big argument since we could both talk. if you haven't got it already, we've known each other for about our whole lives, but that isn't meant to be all lovey and cheesy. mason and i have always been enemies, and we always will be.

"just leave me alone mason!" i screamed.

"or what?" he smirked.

"i'll storm over there and-"

"and what? teach me a lesson? come on over then you are more than welcome!" he laughed.

"fine!" i yelled, walking across my yard.

he stood in his backyard, hands on his hips and just watching my every move. i crossed the line between our 2 yards and just stopped. i stood there and stared at him.

"what? are you scared?" he raised his eyebrows.

"oh you are so dead," i said, running towards him.

he started running the opposite direction, so now i was chasing him around his yard like an idiot. luckily i was a tad faster than him, so i caught up and tackled him to the ground. he laid on his back squirming but i stayed in my position on top of him.

"get the hell off me liv!" he said, trying to push me off.

"no can do, unless you stop hitting me with your baseballs and shit," i giggled as his red face from struggling to get up.

"fine! just let me go liv!" he said, his arms starting to loosen free from my grip.

"whatever," i scoffed, hopping off of him.

he quickly stood up with me, us a few feet apart and death staring each other.

"now you're dead," he muttered as he grabbed me and slammed me to the ground.

this time, it was a bit too hard and just at the wrong angle. i face planted into the ground hard, and my vision went blurry and i felt some kind of liquid coming out of my nose. i turned over as mason was kneeling on me, then his face was regretful.

"oh shit, im so sorry liv! here!" mason got off of me and i fluttered my eyes, my vision still not getting better.

mason ripped off his t-shirt and held it up to my nose, putting decent pressure on it.

"mason, i-i can't see," i whispered.

"oh my god. oh my god. im sorry olivia, let's get you up," he said.

mason grabbed me and picked me up.

"can you walk?" he asked.

i obviously could, and i was probably overreacting, but i didn't feel like walking.

"id rather not," i said, squinting my eyes.

with no hesitation mason picked me up bridal style and carried me into his house.

"parents aren't here, so we won't have to deal with questions," mason said, setting me down on the couch.

"yeah so easy for you," i laughed, then regretting it because it ached my nose.

"don't get blood on my couch," mason said, walking into his kitchen.

"what do you mean?" i asked, clueless.

"uh, your nose is bleeding?"

"ohh."

"yeah," mason said, grabbing a wet towel and some ice.

"can you hurry up? i need to study my script," i said, rubbing my temples with my vision still a bit blurry.

"what are you auditioning for?" mason asked, walking over with the ice and towel.

"a movie called sickened, it's like a romance thing," i said proudly.

"no shit! that's cool!" mason said, sitting down next to me.

i nodded.

"that's awesome," he said, examining my face then wiping my nose with the towel.

we sat in silence for a few minutes as he cleaned up my face then held ice on my head for a bit. my vision was now back to normal also.

"since when did you become such a doctor thames," i giggled, looking at how focused he was on my face.

"since right now, this doesn't make us friends by the way," he said, taking the ice off my head for a moment.

"i never said it did buddy."

"just clearing things up, how's your face?" he asked.

"fine, thanks for cleaning me up."

he nodded.

"so because you were the one that caused it, you kind of owe me now," i said, looking into his eyes.

"you can't be serious," he sighed.

"im totally serious, help me practice my script," i said.

"noooo," he groaned.

"you legit just busted up my nose, you owe me big time so you should be greatful this is all im asking for," i chuckled.

"fine whatever, so am i like still allowed over your house or what," he said.

"yeah of course my parents probably won't care that you just broke my nose," i said, trying not to laugh.

"haha very funny, now lets get this over with," mason said, standing up and gripping my hand, leading me out of his house and towards mine.

A/N officially the first chapter of this book! i have no idea who or if anyone will be reading this but if you are, check out my other book about jack champion! anyways i don't prefer ghost readers so if you are actually reading this, vote, comment, and tell your friends about it 😘✊