"And that's all he said?" Caroline asked, hoping Tyler hasn't told Matt about the supernatural and Matt now looked suspicious.

"Yeah. Yeah, that's all he said, Caroline. Why? I mean, is there something you want to tell me?" He asked, heatedly and Caroline quickly shook her head. 

"Yeah! I...I mean, no, I...it's just not that easy." Caroline fumbled for words and Matt threw his hands up in the air. 

"I don't get it! Since when I have am I the one that can express himself and you're the one at a loss for words?" He asked and Caroline deflated. 

"No, you're right, and I'm sorry." She admitted and Matt finished what he had been doing before she walked up and then turned to look at her. 

"You know how I feel. So it's your move. Just make a decision or leave me alone." He snapped before leaving Caroline who looked disheartened. Outside, Elena and Stefan were in the parking lot, getting out of Stefan's car. 

"Why is she still here? She was free." Elena asked and Stefan shrugged. 

"She wants what we want...Klaus dead. Maybe she sees us as her only chance." He mused and Elena frowned. 

"Or maybe she's trying to lure you and Damon back into her web. I want her gone." She complained and Stefan nodded, looking at her sympathetically. 

"So do I. But you're right, she stayed. Shouldn't we at least try to figure out why?" He pointed out and Elena looked at him in confusion. 

"How? All she does is lie." She reminded him and Stefan followed. 

"Look, I hate it as much as you do, but she does make a point. We don't know anything about Klaus. She does." He told her and Elena looked resigned, but jealous as well. 

"Right, but that doesn't mean I want her shacking up with you." She admitted to him and he embraced her. 

"Maybe we should stay at your place tonight. Elizabeth is going to be staying with Damon for a few days because she's upset about Elijah being daggered." Stefan told her, having overhead Damon's conversation with Elizabeth the night before. 

"Hmm, I can't. I told Bonnie and Caroline that they could come over. Bonnie's freaked out because she lost her powers and Caroline's having Matt drama again. It's kind of a girls' night. Maybe Katherine can join us." Elena commented, ignoring the bit about Elijah and Elizabeth. Stefan kissed Elena on the forehead before they went inside the school. 

***

Damon and Elizabeth were sitting in the basement and when Damon heard Katherine's footsteps, he quickly grabbed a flame gun, and with a silent apology to Elijah and his suit, started trying to burn Elijah's body with a flame gun but it didn't work. Katherine joined him and all three looked as the fabric of Elijah's suit started to burn, but the rest of him remained intact. 

"Mmm, burning flesh. If you're trying to get the dagger back, you're wasting your time. He's indestructible." Katherine commented and Damon put the flame gun down before looking at the older vampire. 

"No kidding. How do you know so much about Original vampires?" He asked because his other source from her, Rose, had left town to get her things from her and would be back in a week or so. Lexi was on her way to her and while he knew that she knew about some things, she wasn't as old as Katherine or Rose. 

"Spent 500 years running from one." Katherine reminded him and Damon frowned. 

"So when I told you my plan to kill Elijah, why didn't you warn me that I'd die if I used the dagger on him?" Damon asked and Katherine froze for a second.