Elizabeth walked arm-in-arm with Elijah as she and Jenna showed him around the Fell property, Jenna throwing glances full of triumph at the two of them

Elizabeth walked arm-in-arm with Elijah as she and Jenna showed him around the Fell property, Jenna throwing glances full of triumph at the two of them. It was clear that her matchmaking was a success from the blush on Elizabeth's face and the intimate way they were murmuring to each other. 

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence." Jenna called back and she enjoyed the blush that over took both their faces as they leaned away from each other. 

"Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families." Elijah said, sardonically as he looked around the property and Jenna looked at him in confusion. 

"Why do you say it like that?" She asked and Elijah looked pleaded to be sharing this knowledge. 

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise." He explained and Elizabeth and Jenna both looked interested. 

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna asked and Elizabeth leaned over to Elijah. 

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything. Sorry, darling, I know how proud your family is about it." Elijah said and Elizabeth swatted at him, playfully. 

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial." Jenna said, winking at Elizabeth who rolled her eyes, but was smiling. 

"Oh, yeah. This one was threatening Damon earlier." Elizabeth said and Elijah coughed, a bit embarrassed by that. 

"Yes, they are." He agreed and that's when Alaric joined them and Jenna didn't look pleased to see him, still upset about what Elizabeth had told her. 

"Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman." Jenna introduced and Elizabeth leaned over to Elijah again. 

"He must be in some hot water if she's introducing him as a friend rather than the boyfriend." She murmured and Elijah laughed, disguising it as a cough. 

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?" Alaric lied, and all of them could see right through the lie. 

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American history." Elijah commented and Jenna looked a bit sheepish. 

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec. Sunshine, come help me with this." Jenna suggested and Elizabeth followed Jenna back to her car, leaving the two men alone. 

"Alaric Saltzman. So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect." Elijah commented, a flash of anger going through him as he remembered that Elizabeth had not been put on that list. If Elena wasn't necessary to kill Niklaus, he would kill her for her disrespect to his and and his brothers' beloved.