ii. dos

IT HAD BEEN A WHOLE DAY since they arrived in Zandvoort and ESTRELLA was already over the whole ordeal

IT HAD BEEN A WHOLE DAY since they arrived in Zandvoort and ESTRELLA was already over the whole ordeal. Sure, she didn't mind being in the company of CAROLA and CHECO, but following the man around while he completed media duties was exhausting. They had been walking back and forth through the paddock the whole day, at some point the sisters abandoning Checo to grab lunch. Accompanied by some occasional half an hour breaks hanging around the Red Bull hospitality.

Estrella swore she could feel the minimal makeup she had applied that morning melting, that's how hot it was. She cursed herself for not styling her hair in braids like Carola had done, the humidity was completely frizzing up her hair.

At the moment, Estrella had only just managed to escape following Checo around and walk around the paddock for a bit. It wasn't as crowded as usual due to the fact it was only Thursday, so Estrella was thankful for that. She didn't fancy getting hounded by random journalists asking her about her personal life. Speaking of, so far the twenty-one year old hadn't heard from NEYMAR at all. Not that she minded, in fact she felt the opposite, she was glad he hadn't spammed her inbox with calls and messages threatening her to come back as he usually did.

All of a sudden Estrella felt a heavy weight jump onto her back, almost causing her to trip over and fall.

"What the--"

"Estieeee!" It was LUISA, her best friend. Estrella turned her head to see the Portuguese girl smiling uncontrollably at her. Estrella couldn't help but return the smile, not having seen Luisa in a whole month since Spa.

Luisa got off Estrella's back after a good minute and immediately took the girl in for a hug. It was comforting, Luisa's coconut scented perfume mixing perfectly with hers of orange creating a familiar scent that they both had become accustomed to throughout the years.

When they finally pulled apart and started walking once again, to no particular place, Luisa turned to look at her. Estrella grimaced at the worried look on her face, knowing what the conversation will lead to.

"So," she started. "What happened with, uhm, Ney?"

Estrella sighed, knowing she couldn't avoid the topic, especially with her best friend of five years. Luisa and Estrella had met at a modeling event in Portugal, the former being a year older than Estrella and had helped her get around since she was still fresh into the industry. The two had instantly hit it off, discovering interests they had in common like teams, foods, hobbies, etc. and the rest was history.

"I was over his shit." she answered, shrugging as if it were any normal topic. Luisa gave her a look that screamed 'and?'. Estrella pondered before continuing, "Lately he had been even more controlling than usual. Not letting me go out with friends, no going out without him, no leaving his sight, no clothes he didn't like. I mean, he always did those things, but it was more intense."