He looked around the familiar space, and saw his Lasat master, Jaro Tapal, standing up in the viewing box. "Master Tapal?" Cal called out for him.

"Padawan," Tapal greeted him as he turned to look down at the redheaded boy. "It is time for instruction."

"Yes, Master?" Cal eagerly awaited his Master's words.

"Reach our position," he ordered with his hands kept behind his back. "And do not keep me waiting." Cal watched as the first steps of the training room rose from the floor. Everything he had learned under Master Tapal's guidance came flowing through his mind and body as he jumped from one box to the other, following the path Tapal had programmed for him. He tried to ignore his Master's words of compliment, but he couldn't help the pride in his chest. He climbed on the wall before dropping to the platform that jutted out from the side. "You're almost there," Tapal told him as Cal ran along the path. He jumped to the next platform, which bounced him into the air to allow him to run along the floating wall.

He caught ahold of the railings of the floating blocks, climbing to the next path before it came to an abrupt dead end. He was too late to sense the nearby danger, only igniting his lightsaber when he heard the blast just in time for the clone trooper's stun beam to be blocked. "Whoa! Heh, cheap shot, Commander!" Cal called to the trooper, who chuckled right back at the child's words.

"Focus," Master Tapal's voice broke through his playfulness over the comms. "Were you concentrating, you would have anticipated this distraction." Cal disengaged his lightsaber as he jumped to the next platform. "Better, Padawan. Join me." Cal jumped to the awaiting rails, climbing up to the open door that allowed him to enter the viewing box. When he entered, he saw Tapal standing at his full height, towering over the Commander. He turned his yellow eyes upon Cal as he said, "We will begin with physical preparation. First, though, we have orders." Cal perked up as his master spoke. "Bracca is secure. We move out for Mygeeto shortly."

"Yes!" Cal exclaimed in glee, a little jump in his stance.

"You must..." Tapal began, but he suddenly stopped. He brought a hand up to his forehead, letting out a struggled breath as he staggered back a few paces.

"Master?" Cal called, too occupied to notice the holomessage in his Commander's hand. "Are you okay?"

"Something is... wrong," Master Tapal breathed, putting a hand to his chest. Cal's eyes glimpsed to the side, and a fire erupted in his gut when he saw his Commander aiming his gun at Tapal's head.

"No! No!!" Cal cried out, but Jaro Tapal was quicker. He ignited his double-bladed blue lightsaber, disarming the Commander before striking him in the chest. Cal shook in his boots, looking between the Commander and his Master as he rambled, "What's happening?? Why did the commander just..."

Cal silenced upon seeing Tapal's hand out, his eyes closed in focus as he took deep breaths. His lids suddenly squeezed before he opened his eyes, looking down at the boy as he said, "Padawan, something terrible is happening. The clones have betrayed us." His head moved in struggle as his voice rose a moment, attempting to calm his feelings. "There are no answers to your questions, not yet. We need to get off this ship. Quickly. Get to the escape pods. Use the maintenance halls." They approached the door, and the Master kneeled in front of his Padawan. "We trained for this, do you remember?"

"Yes, Master," Cal managed, his voice small and meek with fear. "W-What about you?"

Tapal let out a minor sigh, holding Cal's shoulder as he said, "I will create a distraction and meet you. If I am not there when you arrive, depart without me. I will find you on Bracca. Do you understand?"